Effects of the gold rush to Australia. 1850's Gold Rush changed the country face

sabstar 1 / 3  
Any help or edits kindly accepted and taken into consideration :)

How the Gold Rush Changed Australia
The 1850's Gold Rush completely changed the face of Australia. 370,000 immigrants moved to Australia in 1852 alone. This dramatically increased the population and economic growth. The Gold Rush pulled Victoria out debt and built skyscrapers and exquisite buildings in Melbourne making it 'Marvellous Melbourne'. These things made Melbourne, Victoria and more importantly Australia, the place we know today.

With the gold coming in the immigrants followed. With 370,000 moving to Australia in 1852 the country started to change. People were coming to Australia by choose and not by crime. England stopped sending convicts over because Australia was getting wealthy and believed convicts don't deserve to be here. Australia was no longer a prison, but more of a gold filled paradise.

The economy boosted in the 1850's gold rush. Miners pay was multiplied by more than 70% and all wages were increased, some more dramatically than others.
OP sabstar 1 / 3  
the completed essay... Any pick ups/edits/help/mistakes accpeted :) :) thank you :D

The economy boosted in the 1850's gold rush. Miners pay was multiplied by more than 70% and all wages were increased, some more dramatically than others. Here is a chart showing the increase in wages for all workers in Victoria during the Gold Rush. Gold miners were obviously being paid the most because of the precious metal being pulled in. But as the Gold Rush went on everyone's pay decreased but not as much as they were originally being paid.

With all the money rolling into Victoria, Melbourne started taking shape. Exquisite buildings were built and skyscrapers soared. With all the beautiful buildings and scenery Melbourne was renamed to 'Marvellous Melbourne'. Princess theatre is one of the many attractions of past and present Melbourne. With new building constantly being built Melbourne is always taking shape for the batter and always improving our ways of life.

The end result of all if this is that without the Gold Rush, who knows what our country would be like today. Would we have the privileges we have? Would we be a democracy or a multicultural country? The Gold Rush completely changed the face of Australia. Whether it be the economic or the immigrations, we are a completely different country from then. Some say we have changed for the better, some say for the worse, but it really depends on how you see it. And what you think of the country...
fikri 5 / 317 71  
With the gold coming in the immigrants followed

where is the 'subject' and verb' i feel confused
OP sabstar 1 / 3  
the gold is getting pulled up is the subject and the verb is the immigrants following. Does it make much sense?

Home / Writing Feedback / Effects of the gold rush to Australia. 1850's Gold Rush changed the country face