The effects of the growing use of technology in classroom environment

van0606au 1 / -  

use of computers in education

Computers are being used more and more in education. Some people say that this is a positive trend, while others argue that it is leading to negative consequences. Discuss both sides of this argument and then give your own opinion.

The growing use of technology in classroom environment has become a hot topic of much debate in recent years. While some people embrace the merits it offers, others are concerned about its reverse ramifications. This essay, although supports the former opinion, will analyse both views.

(Maybe should add a connecting sentence here instead of going straight into the first benefit - like saying there are a lot of benefits. Going straight in gives off the sense that it is the only benefit you are going to list.) The proponents of this trend are convinced that there are a number of benefits that come with it. Firstly, computers provide students with unlimited sources of information. Google is an excellent illustration for this advantage. With a touch of a button, For instance, by using Google or other search engines learners are able to tap into a wide range of online materials that might be inaccessible without technology. Another benefit of utilising the screens in learning process lies with the ability to take online courses and study at one's own pace. This is to the advantage of those who want to study but are unable to allocate their time or/and finances to enrol on campus. Universities these days offer a plethora of distance-learning courses, giving people myriad opportunities to enrich their knowledge and gain necessary credentials for their future career, and most importantly, at the speed of their choice and without being presence in class.

Turning to the other side of the argument, opponents' main concern is possibly the degeneration of in-person interactions. Learners may no longer find the need to be present at a lecture or a group discussion as these are now feasible virtually. This could weaken interpersonal skills and isolate people. The counter argument for this, however, is that a form of face-to-face communication is still possible via Viber, Facetime or Skype. The negatives, therefore, come nowhere near matching with the positives that technology has brought about.

To encapsulate, while it is important to acknowledge certain negative impacts of using technology in education, the benefits are enormous and should not be ignored. In my opinion, this development is predominantly positive and we should realise it to move forward.
Phuongnguyen256 7 / 12 2  
Hi.
although supports -> in spite of supporting
without technology such as computers and the Internet,
to support for their future career,
without being presence in class.->presenting.
The negatives, therefore, come nowhere near matching with the positives that technology has brought about. -> Therefore, I doubt it is impossible for the negatives to rival the positives that technology has brought about.
Van, you are over thinking this essay topic. Overthinking is what will cause you to fail. You do not need to dazzle the examiner, you just need to convince him that you have enough English know-how to survive academically in their universities and colleges.

In response to your question. You can dive directly into the topic for the discussion in the paragraph. Do not introduce several reasons in one paragraph because you are being scored on your ability to explain your topic and its accompanying justifications in English. You do not need several topics. You only need 3 topics namely;

1. Point of view 1
2. Point of view 2
3. Personal opinion

You only have a maximum of 5 sentences, minimum of 3 per paragraph. That is why you are encouraged to develop only one topic for the discussion per paragraph. You cannot completely explain several topics in 5 sentences. This would result in a low C&C and GRA score because none of the topics will be properly justified in the paragraph.

If you want to present a strong point of view, make sure to discuss the point of view that you support in the second body paragraph so that you will be sure to be able to drive your point home in the personal opinion paragraph.

By the way, it appears that you forgot to include your personal point of view in the essay. I only see a discussion of the 2 opinions Did you mistakenly incorporate your point of view into the public information presentation paragraphs? I believe that you did.

Also, when you discuss the arguments, do not present counter arguments. Like I said above, you can't really present a completely believable justification of your counter argument. You could however, use the counter argument as a part of your personal opinion discussion.

Your concluding summary does not really inform the reader in a reminder form of what was previously discussed, making it less effective than it should be. aim for a proper summary of the discussion within 3-5 sentences (standard number of sentences).

Home / Writing Feedback / The effects of the growing use of technology in classroom environment