Effects of natural disasters on countries have less impact on developed countries - Agree?

honghanh 1 / - 1  
Task: Natural disasters have impact on less economically developed countries (LEDCs) than more economically developed countries (MEDCs) How far do you agree with statement?

People have a huge influence in the earth, nature and environment, so most countries in the world have suffered extremely enormous damage from climate change and hundreds of natural disasters annually. However, it is claim that natural disasters have a greater impact on LEDCs than MEDCs in a number of different ways.

One of the most terrible consequences is live lost. There are millions of victims in disasters each year. However, most of people who die as a result of natural disaster are in LEDCs. The main reason is facilities in weather forecast in these poor countries are not as modern as in developed countries. Thus, preparation and warn of damage is more limited than rich countries. It leads to the number of victims in LEDCs is extremely high. For instance, 630,000 people were killed by natural disasters in LEDCs as composed to 72,000 in MEDCs (International Strategy for Disaster Reduction, 2010).

As far as economic is concerned, infracture such as roads, airports, electricity, so on in LEDCs is often of poor quality, and can easy be damaged or destroyed in natural disasters. Albeit the research has shown that the United State suffered the most damage from natural disasters in the fourteen- year period beginning in 1991 (Wills, 2009), the damage of infrastructure is less than the countries like Vietnam or Philippines. It is the fact that the developing countries have few of conditions to invest in reconstruction and improvement infrastructure, so it is easy to be damaged in floods or storms.

Furthermore, after natural disasters, LEDCs have to cope with several difficulties to restore and rebuilt facilities. Factories and farming in LEDCs need more time to start producing again than in MEDCs. As a result, economy in developing countries is more slowly grow than in Patten.

From the point view of health, it is obvious that water and sewage facilities in LEDCs is poor quality and difficult to solve in natural disasters. Polluted water and sewage cause diseases such as diarrhea, skin- diseases, so on. In addition to this, the lack of healthcare facilities and drugs, vaccines make difficulties for these countries to prevent epidemic diseases.

In conclusion, natural disasters affect adversely all countries whole in the world even rich countries. Nevertheless, LEDCs suffer the most tremendous damage.
fahadbd 25 / 56 5  
People have a huge influence in theon earth, especially natural and environmentalsoas a consequence, most countries in the world have ( present tense ) suffered extremely enormous damage from climate change and hundreds of natural disasters annually. it is claimed that natural disastershavehas a greater impact on LEDCs than MEDCs in athe number of different ways.

Home / Writing Feedback / Effects of natural disasters on countries have less impact on developed countries - Agree?