The elderly in three different developed countries -IELTS TASK 1

NinaJoesuf25 36 / 66 4  
A breakdown of information of the percentage of people over the age of 60 in three different developed countries, a period of 100 years, started in 1940 is shown in the line chart. Overall, it is important to bear in mind that all of the figures tended to rocket over the period. In any case, the figures for the Japan broke the record as the highest one in the last year.

Initially, there was a significant increase in the number of aging people in USA and Sweden, roughly 9 and 7 percent respectively. Both of figures then overtook each other in 1980's. Following many minor fluctuation, the number of Sweden elderly people will increase by 28 percent in 2040, with becoming the second highest as such.

Between 1940's and 1980's, Japan was the least proportion elderly people. But, it then will increase until it will overtake the proportion for Sweden and USA in 2020's. it will finish at the greatest level in the last year.

Madina S 3 / 2  
... with becoming the second highest as such.

... it will finish (reach) at the greatest ...
Dioba 68 / 104 7  
Hi ,what a good summary, let me give several advice, perhaps useful for you.
1. But , it then will increase until ... ----> you cannot put But in the beginning of the sentence. Better if you change by However or Yet.

2. To make your summary more attractive, i suggest you to use a minority to change "7 and 9 percent" and "almost three-ten" to change 28 percent.

3. with becoming the second highest as such.
4. Japan was the least proportion of elderly people.

Home / Writing Feedback / The elderly in three different developed countries -IELTS TASK 1