Electric-based media affect negatively on interpersonal relationships if not used wisely

dynaranjani 27 / 24 18  
The use of electronic media has a negative effect on personal relationships between people.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Since the revival of the advanced technology, electronic media have being produced massively. More and more people are using such media today. Apparently, not everyone agrees that these kinds of media give a good value in their lives. While virtually people argue that they have a dire effect on personal relationships with others, the opponents believe that electronic media are the best solution so as to cope with a problem of social relationships they face. However, in my opinion, those media enable people to communicate more easily and efficiently.

Electronic media influence people's lifestyles in different ways, particularly in human relationships. Some people claim that their relationships towards each other turn to get worse since they use those media. Dr. Alex Lickerman, an American internist and psychologist, said that electronic-relating engenders a sense of social isolation. This is because people tend to spend much more time cuddling with their gadgets than socializing inter-personally. As for internet-connected media, he cites that they are a poor form of communication device since they do not offer sensitive or satisfying emotional connections among their users. Hence, the use of electric-based media changes personal relationships between people.

On the other hand, others think that such media have given a rise to make them keeping in touch with their relatives and friends. According to these people, electronic media, especially the internet-based ones, provide them a limitless communication and have successfully helped them to overcome some relationship problems due to a busy tight schedule. Paul Booth, an assistant professor of media and cinema studies in the American College of Communication, concludes that people actually are becoming more social and more interactive thanks to those types of media since they do not need to go and see their friends in person when they want to communicate each other. Therefore, the notion of electronic media use gives a drawback on the human relationships is unjustifiable.

In conclusion, it is clearly stated that electric-based media affect negatively on interpersonal relationships. However, I personally stand on the other people's side who feel that their relationships become closer as they can communicate and socialize each other wherever and whenever they are. Yet, I suggest that people should be wiser in using such media, including where, when and whom with they can communicate using those devices.
jvishal 4 / 7 1  
.. relationships towards each other turn TEND to get worse since they STARTED use USING those media.
... see their friends in person when they want to communicate WITH each other.
...In conclusion, it is clearly stated that electric-based media may affect negatively on negatively affect interpersonal relationships.

Hi I liked the way you presented your take on the issue clearly in the first para itself. Its good that you backed both for and against with specific examples. Conclusion was fine. Keep writing within time limit!!

Home / Writing Feedback / Electric-based media affect negatively on interpersonal relationships if not used wisely