Electric vehicles have come a long way with the advancement in technology

orlandobanuelos 1 / -  

Essay about All-Electric vehicles

Electric vehicles have gained so much popularity. Even Though they are a great alternative to conventional fossil fuel vehicles, they have their limits. Electric vehicles are meant to be in town vehicles. Their batteries are the ultimate factor. Once one the the electric vehicles or EVs run out of charge that's it, they have to sit on a charger for hours for a full charge. There are apps that help EV owners find out where chargers are if they need one while they are out. The problem comes when there aren't any chargers nearby due to underdeveloped cities. Ev companies offer vehicles with a long range battery pack but they can be costly and take more time to charge.

Electric vehicles are powered by their batteries, and just like anything that uses batteries they can only be used as long as it has charge. The average range for electric cars is around 150 miles to 200 miles. Although there are some vehicles that have battery packs capable of longer ranges they can be pricey and the charge time increases. However there is no need for long range battery packs because electric cars are designed mainly for intown driving. There is sufficient battery range for one day of use. Unlike conventional vehicles EVs are meant to be charged everyday, whenever a charger is available. The goal is to be able to make it through the day not the whole week on one charge. Charging everyday when the owner is home helps keep the battery fully charged and ready to go. Some jobs even have charging stations for their employees helping keep their battery life 100 percent.

EVs are able to make long journeys without an issue, but it's inconvenient. EVs have a couple drawbacks when it comes to long distance travel. The biggest problem is the charge station, since the owner isn't at home they have to find a charge station to plug into. Although there are apps that help to locate stations,it's not that simple when you're driving from state to state there aren't any or none at all stations to stop and charge your EV. "She would see roughly 4 charging stations from Denver to Salt LakeCity (Deaton)". EVs have been around for a couple of years but they are still new, there isn't much station everywhere, unless you're in a modern heavily populated area like a mall.

After the charge station is located now it's time to wait. This is the other issue when it comes to traveling with EV. Tesla has supercharging, which is fast charging, that allows the vehicle to charge up in half the time. This improves long distance traveling for EV owners. They don't have to wait as long, tesla even helps plan a route with superchargers. Although there are thousands of supercharging stations there isn't enough to be everywhere, these chargers are placed on popular areas that people use or hang around. That can be an issue if you wanna go off in your own direction or your destination that isn't a common place. At that point the owner would have to plan ahead and have every move planned out to prevent running out of charge and getting stranded. This can be a headache and nobody wants that when going on vacation.

The range for EVs and the charge time can be an issue traveling, but it's slowly going away. As technology advances these issues get resolved. A prime example of this is the supercharger that tesla made for its vehicles. Before this they would have to wait hours to charge their vehicles and that would be frustrating, but now it takes less than an hour. As more people buy electric vehicles the easier it will be to find a charger anywhere because of the supply and demand. The more EVs on the road the more demands for charging stations making electric vehicles a prime choice for long journeys but until then they will remain intown short commute transportation.
The essay tends to be redundant in statements. You mention the same information about charging the vehicle more than twice throughout the essay. I guess the main problem stems from how you did not properly outline your essay before writing the discussion. The thesis statement should be clear about what the discussion is. My thesis statement would be similar to:

Electric vehicles are slowly catching on as popular modes of in-town transportation. It is best used for short trips around the city, where the possibility of running out of battery charge is low. It is the problem with battery mileage and trip restrictions that make the EV an ill advised car for long or out of town trips. However, that problem is slowly being addressed by EV manufacturers, specifically, the EV cars coming out of the Tesla plant in China. It is important to understand what sort of usage drawbacks exist for EV owners and how those problems are slowly being resolved.

If you properly outline the discussion points and purpose of your research, you will remove the redundancies in the paragraph presentations. The succeeding paragraphs could be better informed if you use the following paragraph outline:

- Benefits of using an EV in-city
- Possible benefits of long range EV use
- Problems of using an EV in-city and long range
- Charging adapter and station issues
- Proposed solutions
- Future outlook for EV as long range use vehicles

Creating a more solid discussion outline that targets specific discussion points relevant to the discussion will create a less redundant and more informative presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Electric vehicles have come a long way with the advancement in technology