IELTS Task 2 Employee Should Think About Appearance Or Quality Of Work

Faridadwi18 67 / 104 13  
Question : Some organisations believe that their employees should dress smartly. Others value quality of work above appearance. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

When people work in a company, the owner will force their employees to have a good appearance. They also have a uniform in order to get good image. Others believe that performance of work have a greater point to be considered than outlook. I would argue that people will get many complements if they have good quality in work than only think about what they should look.

Appearance holds a pivotal thing when inhabitant work in an organisation which giving services to customers. If they wear casual clothes to meet client, their client will think that the employee do not have intention to work. For example, people who work in marketing fields always dress up because they have to persuade customer to purchase product also they bring the name of the company.it means the employee is the face of the company. If their clothes dirty, their client will not buy what they sell although the product has good quality.

On the other hand, an organisation always look their employees performance by watching their result without thinking what they look like. When they get great result, their boss will give them complement although their appearance are too ordinary. If they have good way of look but bad result, the company will warn or fire them. In contrast, when they have good quality of work but ordinary performance company will still give them complement.

To conclude, both of views have an important role in the work place. However, i think that have good quality of work is more important than have good feature.
yamtrang 2 / 3  
complements -> compliments bro ;)
when inhabitant work in an organisation which giving services to customers. -> i think have some grammar problems here =.= i don't understand what you mean

Becareful with IN CONTRAST
"In contrast" is usually followed by "to" or "with" and requires a noun to follow it.
"By contrast" is usually followed or preceded by the subject of the sentence.

Ex: In contrast to the diligent bee, the butterfly flies hither and yon with no apparent purpose.
In contrast with the chorus of birdsongs in my backyard, my front yard is serenaded by the sound of rumbling buses flying down the street.

By contrast, the Picasso is more vibrant and full of life.
The cats will often sleep the day away. The dogs, by contrast, never settle down.

i think that have good quality of work is more important than have good feature. --> having good quality.... than having good feature
Iforsa 35 / 54 5  
Appearance holds a pivotal thing when inhabitant work in ... avoid to use thing because it is too general you must say more specific.

an organisation always look looks their employees ...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2 Employee Should Think About Appearance Or Quality Of Work