ENC1101 success

nickerz 1 / 1  
Success. It's something we all hope to achieve someday. Today was my first day of college and as I sat in my first class, I felt a sense of accomplishment. Simply because I knew sitting there meant all my hard work in the past had paid off. However, I also realized that college wasn't going to be a piece of cake. I would have to work even harder, in hopes that success would someday come knocking at my door. In order for this to happen, I have to take things step by step. Beginning with this course. I absolutely love to write. In my opinion writing is the best way to express true feelings. Ok, so realistically I'm not the best writer. Therefore I'm looking forward to this what this course has to offer. I want my writing skills and ability to improve drastically. I intend to do so by being prepared for class. Sure this means brining all necessary materials to class. However "being prepared" also includes being mentally ready to face all challenges. Another major issue I would like to tackle is attendance. This happens to be one of the key factors to passing this or for that mater any course. Some people may even think "Ok, so I'll miss class today but, no worries cause Bob will explain everything to me". Time, to hit the brakes and put your brain on park. Think about it when the teacher explains things everyone has their own interpretation. Maybe Bob doesn't know how to explain what went on in class or maybe he simply didn't pay attention. Imagine you will never be able to grasp the full concept of that lesson. Point is I will try not to miss class. Furthermore during class time I will give 150%. This means participating in class discussions, reaming focused and opening my mind to endless possibilities. Then of course there is also the simple task of completing all assignments and turning them in on time. With that said I am more than confident that if I reach all these goals I will find true success and pass this course with flying colors. I look forward to working with all of my classmates as well as for the teacher to reach this success.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You've written a good essay; I have just a few editing suggestions:

Therefore, [add comma] I'm looking forward to [delete this] what this course has to offer.

Sure this means bringing all necessary materials to class.

the key factors to passing this, [add comma] or for that matter, any course

"Okay, so I'll miss class today, [add comma] but no worries 'cause Bob will explain everything to me." - in American English, periods and commas go inside the quotation mark.

Think about it:[colon] when the teacher explains things,[comma] everyone has their own interpretation.

remaining focused and opening my mind to endless possibilities.

I look forward to working with all of my classmates as well as [delete for] the teacher to reach this success.

Good luck!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP nickerz 1 / 1  
thanks for the suggestions...

Home / Writing Feedback / ENC1101 success