IELTS 2: encouraging businesses to relocate from metropolitans to regional areas.

taeyonieee 2 / 9 6  

Moving industries into rural area

Task 2 : In some countries, governments are encouraging industries and businesses to move to regional areas outside the big cities.
Do the advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages?

By virtue of massive industrialization, a myriad of businesses and firms are being set up all over the world. As a matter of fact, in recent decades, many governors have established deliberate policies to encourage these to relocate from metropolitans to regional areas. Although this phenomenon has some drawbacks, I believe that it would bring more benefits to not only employees but also those nations.

On the one hand, relocating businesses and firms to regional area does have some negative effects. One of them is the lack of availability of skilled workers fitting the job description. In fact, most of labor in these areas only have experience in agriculture-related work, meanwhile, employees in the city of often have experience with industrial working environments. The other disadvantage is companies based in regional areas are further from their clients, providers and other contacts. Therefore, the transportation process would cost more expenditure required, resulting in higher price of products.

On the other hand, the cons as discussed above are eclipsed by the pros. Despite higher transportation costs, businesses can take advantage of lower price required to set up big factories on the outskirts. Furthermore, in the domain of urban planning, this trend would help to attract labor from overcrowded metropolitans, balancing the proportion of urban residents and rural ones as well as well as alleviating environmental problems. In addition, this relocating process would provide thousands of jobs for citizens, reducing the unemployment rate of the countries.

In conclusion, in spite of the lack of effective workers and higher transportation costs, moving businesses and firms from big cities to rural areas would be more auspicious for setting up big factories, provide jobs and avoid further overcrowding in cities. In light of aforementioned evidence, it could be argued that this trend has more merits than downsides, therefore, should be continued to encouraged by governors.
This is not a comparison essay. The question demands that you pick one side to advocate for in the essay. You cannot use a middle ground opinion because this is not a contrast essay topic. Therefore, the 2 reasoning paragraphs should only be used to strengthen the discussion you are presenting. The side that you support must win by using the following format:

- Topic sentence must indicate the adverse reason as a topic sentence. The remaining 4 sentences should disprove that claim using a reason, a supporting example, and a supporting reason for the examples. Use a transition sentence that will relate this present reason with the next discussion paragraph.

- Another adverse reason. Same thing, disprove this idea based on the side you support. Same sentence indicators apply.

The strength of the essay discussion, the relevance of the discussion, the coherence of the paragraphs, will all come from the way that you discuss your point of view in a manner that weakens the opposition. You cannot create a strong point of view in relation to the Task Accuracy requirements if you do not pick a side to discuss and support as per the original prompt talking points instructions. Once you discuss the essay properly, all of the other scoring requirements will have a boost in scoring considerations.
OP taeyonieee 2 / 9 6  
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your thoughtful feedback. I do really need to look into this carefully .

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 2: encouraging businesses to relocate from metropolitans to regional areas.