Encouraging the young people to live alone - is it a good idea?

solivagant 8 / 15 6  

How to deal with youngsters

Many parents encourage young people to leave home when they become older, while others think they should stay at home with the family. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Parents have different views on how to treat youngsters as they grow up. Some think that it is better for them not to live alone, whereas others prefer leaving them to their own devices. Inspite of some disadvantages, I think, parents should let the young people leave home when they get older.

On the one hand, the parents who are against separating have several reasons for it. They believe the young tend to be anxious and impulsive, which can get them to lead an unhealthy lifestyle. In other words, without being supervised, they might end up having bad habits, such as alcoholism and drug addiction. Furthermore, people who start living on their own at young ages may gradually lose the bonds with the family. As a result, they can neglect their parents, when they are in need of care.

On the other hand, there are many parents who actually inspire their children to depart from home and discover the real world. Firstly, it helps the young people gain the efficient coping mechanisms for survival. It means they become more adaptive to new circumstances. Secondly,while living alone, the youngsters can learn how to make decisions independently. For instance, managing the spendings alone will enhance not only their decision-making abilities, but also the sense of responsibility. Finally, being able to deal with such difficulties can boost one's confidence. For example, when I achieve my goals without any support, I feel more self-assured.

In conclusion, although it can sometimes result in bad behaviour, I think, the benefits of living alone from young ages far outweigh the drawbacks.
oneouran 6 / 13 4  
Inspite In spite ... the young people ...

Firstly, it helps the young people gain the efficient ...
... living alone, the youngsters ...
...managing the spendings ... abilities, but also the a sense of responsibility.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@solivagant
Hello there.

First and foremost, try to ensure that the language you are using in your articulation is academic and/or informative at the very best. Doing so will help you incorporate writing techniques that are going to compress your thoughts into smaller chunks, enabling you to articulate more efficiently and effectively. That being said, focus on trimming down excessive words and use more of a straightforward approach when you are writing. Doing this will enable you to establish a firmer tone.

Observe this revision:

Parents have different varying views on how to treat ... grow up adolescent individuals. Some think that it is better ... to their own devices. Inspite of some disadvantages,...

Removal of articles is a great technique to help you in this process. Doing so will also assist you in forming smaller chunks of texts.

Try to also find more organic ways to transition between your sentences and paragraphs. I have noticed how you used mainly textbook-type of articulations - whereas you could have used more efficient ways such as a naturalized approach to writing. Doing this will enhance the complexity of your writing, moving away from the typical and conventional forms.

Best of luck in your writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / Encouraging the young people to live alone - is it a good idea?