IELTS TASK 1: The US's energy consumption and production

cathead_2307 3 / 5  
The graph below compares figures for the production and consumption of energy in the US from 1950 to 2000. It also predicts figures for 2025.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relavant.
Write at least 150 words.

i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa252/whitecat-sasuke/ieltstask.jpg

The graph illustrates the US's production and consumption of energy in the 50- year period from 1950 to 2000 as well as the predictions for year 2025. The figures are shown in energy units, which are quadrillions of British Thermal Units.

As can be seen, the tendency for the US's figures was decidedly upward, and energy rates are projected to continue this trend up until 2025. The most significant rise happened in the period between around 1955 and 1972, when the American's energy production and consumption experienced a growth of around 20 energy units. The figures then followed similar patterns, though not to the same degree, ending year 2000 with energy rates within a range of 65 and 95.

Another striking feature is that at the end of the period, the difference between production and consumption became greater, with year 2000 witnessing import figures surging to 30 energy units. It is expected that the amount of energy used will far exceed the quantity produced in the next 25 years, making American import rates soaring to 60 energy units in 2025.

(180 words)
Plz help me correct this. Thanx in advance
sandeepkale 3 / 4  
well. grammatically is well constructed, but there is no cue about graph. I have confidence that u will get 7.5 bands in this task.
OP cathead_2307 3 / 5  
Sr but i just don't know why when I typed the link of the graph, it kept creating the space between the characters of the link, no matter how many time I tried to edit it.

The link is right below the red lines.
The most significant rise happened in the period between around 1955 and 1972, when the Americans ' energy production and consumption experienced a growth of around 20 energy units.

Is this how you meant it to be? I changed it so the apostrophe comes after the s, signifying "belonging to the americans" (i.e. plural)

... causing American import rates to soa r to 60 energy units in 2025.

Pretty good, cat head!!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 1: The US's energy consumption and production