IELTS; ENGLISH has become a universal language for communication

sannywu 1 / 1  
[IELTS TASK]English has become a universal language.Do you think that the positive effects of this trend overweigh negative effects?

At present time, the role of English as a global language is indispensable. It is worth noting that the prevalence of English worldwide might has its negative effect. In my opinion, English's dominance can be viewed in positive light.

The extensive use of English has contributed to the development of international cooperation, as it removes the language barrier for people from different countries. It should be noted that English as a global language offers us an opportunity to learn advanced knowledge and technology from developed countries. As a tool of cross-cultural communication, English enables companies across border to cooperate with each other and promote economic growth. In addition, people nowadays are likely to exposure to foreign cultures with the help of English. It is no exaggeration that people who cannot speak English find it difficult to survive in this modern society.

Despite the most benefits of the English language, it exerts a negative effect on human civilization. For example, people who immigrate to English-speaking countries are less likely to speak their native language. It is fair to say that English's dominance may lead to the extinction of minority language, thereby creating damage to cultural diversity. It is worth emphasizing that English is able to bridge the language gap and introduce minority cultures to the world, thus protecting these cultures.

In view of these facts, we can come to the conclusion that English plays a vital role in communication and cooperation among countries; therefore, the prevalence of English should be encouraged.

Good introduction :)

In addition, people nowadays are likely to gain exposure toof foreign cultures with the help of English.

Well ... you present several reasons in the first body para to support your view point and your examples do not sound very specific. However, this task requires you to give specific examples to support your reasons. So, taking the time management factor into consideration, I'd like to advise to you to limit your reasons to just one and support it with a good example. That would help you earn good marks.

You have excellent writing skills and I think you can go for a pretty good band :)
OP sannywu 1 / 1  
Thank you for your advice.I will pay more attention to the management.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS; ENGLISH has become a universal language for communication