English Comprehension Clep exam - essay to practice

akfir 1 / -  
Hi
I am practicing for my English Comprehension Clep exam.
I wrote an essay to practice. Can you please mark it and tell me how you find it and in what areas I still need to improve?

Thanks so much!

There are no challenges so difficult, no goals so impossible, as the ones we set on ourselves.
Write an essay in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement above. Support your discussion with specific reasons and examples from your reading, experience, or observations.

Is it true that the challenges and goals we set upon ourselves are so impossible? Maybe the tasks other people give us to do In are In the next few paragraphs we will discuss it in further details.

As soon as a child is born, it has this inner strive to live and unintentially sets himself goals he wants to achieve. The baby would not be able to survive without setting his own challenges. He himself needs to explore the world and learn different traits. It is fascinating to watch a small child, especially in the age of trying to stand up. The baby will not give up even when he falls every time he tries to get up. He will continue to try until he has achieved his goal and is able to get up and stand all by himself.

Furthermore the goals we human being set upon ourselves might also seem impossible; because as soon as we have reached a goal we are already working on the next challenge. We can see this clearly by a toddler, who has mastered the skill of standing on his own feet, challenges himself now to learn how to walk. It is a never ending task.

However saying that we only set upon ourselves goals that we know we can achieve, but human beings have also got to master challenges given by others. Consequently these tasks might even be harder to achieve, because it could be that the person who sets the task doesn't know our strength and might give us a challenge that is really impossible for us to achieve.

Unfortunately there are challenges in life that nobody would ever choose upon themselves, but they have to cope with them. Maybe these challenges are the impossible once? A sad example would be a family who has got a severe special needs child, they haven't chosen their challenge, G-d has given it to them, hence it is now the family's duty to deal with that challenge.

In general I do agree with the saying that no challenges are so difficult and no goals are so impossible as the once with set upon ourselves. I believe that mainly our own challenges and goals keep us going and make us to better people, because it is a never ending task.
Maybe the tasks other people give us to do are just as difficult . In the next few paragraphs, I will discuss it in further detail .

As soon as a child is born, s/he has this inner drive to live and unintentionally sets himself goals he wants to achieve.

He will continue to try until he has achieved his goal and is able to get up and stand all by himself.-----> Great sentence!

Furthermore, the goals we human beings set for ourselves might also seem impossible; because as soon as we have reached a goal we are already working on the next challenge. We can see this clearly in a toddler, who...

You make some excellent points. Although your English still needs improvement, you make clear, thoughtful points in a very effective way.

Home / Writing Feedback / English Comprehension Clep exam - essay to practice