English should be the only global language

DukPhuk 1 / -  

the only global language - English?

It has been suggested that English should be used as the only spoken language in the world. Many non-native speaking English countries have English as their second language and lessons are not taught in their mother tongue. From my perspective, I am completely opposed to this change.

Admittedly, it is true that using English as the only global language can eradicate tremendous problems that we are facing with, including miscommunication. When it comes to communication, business transaction, travel, people speaking different languages may have struggle understanding others. However, speaking the same language can solve all aforementioned difficulties and brings more chances to people from countries do not speak English. For example, Malaysia, the Philippines, witnessed significant economic development partly due to the ability to speak English fluently of their citizens.

However, I believe that neither English nor any other languages should be the only global language as it could end the linguistic diversity, lead to language death on large scale. This could make many cultures ceasing to exist as their is a strong link between language and culture. Culture is identity, history, what set us apart from others, liberate people from slavery. For instance, despite over of years being colonized by Chinese, brutal wars, etc, Vietnam is independent and it comes as a result of preserving rich culture and patriotism being built through traditional values.

In conclusion, it is my strong belief that none should be used as the only global language as this change might lead to massive amount of language death and the lost of culture and identity
There is a slight problem in the first paragraph. The writer's opinion should always come before the reasoning statement. It was presented in reverse for this section. The second sentence should be in the last part of the paragraph since that idea represents the opinion basis. The response is also using an incorrect extent format when the question did not require a strongly worded response. It cannot be given full scoring merit interes of task accuracy for the paragraph.

The first reasoning paragraph is disqualified from any score as it is not related to the given opinion statement. The writer is contradicting himself. That is unacceptable in a non-comparison discussion presentation. He must justify his opinion convincingly over 2 paragraphs. Something he could have easily done to get a passing score since he indicated 2 good reasons in the relevant paragraph. Instead, the confusing opinions will lead to a failing final score due to lack of proper reasoning development.

Home / Writing Feedback / English should be the only global language