English Informative essay about what people don't know of petroleum engineering.

ber 1 / -  
Petroleum Engineering

Many people know petroleum engineering has to do with petroleum being converted into gasoline and that is pretty much about it, but I will explain to you some main points on what petroleum engineering is, what they do, how the provide the world with energy, how they accomplish their challenges they face by day and the enormous demand for petroleum engineers.

Petroleum engineering is primarily concerned with the extraction of oil and gas from the earth. This job can be done through the design, drilling and operations of oil wells and well systems. A petroleum engineer's job is to locate, recover, and maintain the world's oil and gas supplies. As designers and developers use today's peak technology to create new methods of discovering and drilling for oil and natural gas out of the earth. While petroleum engineers do this they also have to safeguard the environment for future generations and do it in an affordable supply way.

Energy is highly important to people's everyday lives; thanks to petroleum engineers they can address and solve important issues that will lead to energy security and thus are high in demand. Because of the core subjects such as mathematics, physics, and chemistry petroleum engineers were able to be creative with applications that helps provide energy to people around the world. Some of the applications include disciplines such as mechanical, chemical, and civil engineering. The challenges petroleum engineers face are technologies on how to recover hydrocarbons from oil shale, tar sands, and offshore oil and gas fields. They must also devise new techniques to recover oil left in the ground after application of conventional producing techniques. Because of these type of assignments they can have opportunities to travel around the world to solve other types of problems like political and economic ones.

With the fact that petroleum and gas are limited natural sources this puts the demand for petroleum engineers in a strong position for many years to come. Oil company expenditure for exploration and production are rising fast and so are the salaries of petroleum engineers. There are several areas for significant professional career growth for petroleum engineers--from drilling technology to the design of fluid system to inject in reservoirs to increase oil recovery. Salaries for petroleum engineers are, and will continue to be, among the highest paid of all professional engineering careers. Additionally, more jobs are available than there are professionals to fill them. This makes petroleum engineering a most rewarding career.

In sum, these trend, in combination with other, indicate that both the short and long-term demand for petroleum engineers will be high; PEs will be provided with expensive tools, and they will be expected to design significant projects in a global environment. In many ways, the atmosphere for petroleum engineers today is exciting and satisfying.
Many people know petroleum engineering has to do with petroleum being converted into gasoline and that is pretty much about it,

Many people perceive petroleum engineering is merely something to do with petroleum being converted into gasoline.

but I will explain to you some main points on what petroleum engineering is, what they do, how the provide the world with energy, how they accomplish their challenges they face by day and the enormous demand for petroleum engineers.

.... the last part is a bit confusing, it has some grammar issues too !
However, it is much more than that perception and I would like to explain the main aspects of petroleum engineering; what it is all about; how it contributes to energy supply;what petroleum engineers do; how these engineers face the challenges associated with the enormous demand for power.

Home / Writing Feedback / English Informative essay about what people don't know of petroleum engineering.