IELTS : An enjoyable job or a good salary? Discuss both sides and give your view

harry137181143 2 / 4  
Question: Some people argue that it is more important to have an enjoyable job than to earn a lot of money. Others disagree and think that a good salary leads to a better life. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Nowadays, there is a heated debate on what the most important factor is when considering about a job. For this, it is common to find people divided into two camps which emphasise on finding an enjoyable job and receiving a decent salary respectively. Both sides raise sound arguments.

For those who believe having a pleasurable job should receive more concern, psychological satisfaction of their jobs outweighs the salaries they gain. Having a harmonious working environment and job satisfaction can bring them unmeasurable happiness which can hardly be bought by enormous wealth from their perspectives. Moreover, it is undeniable that we need to face fierce competition to secure a well-paid job. In this highly competitive society, winning over other competitors always requires one to work extremely hard. This, in other words, means to be exhausted, physically and psychologically. Doctors and lawyers are two good examples of such problem, which will undermine their job satisfaction.

On the other hand, earning a decent income can bring some people a better life. Advocates claim that happiness can only be achieved if basic living conditions, e.g. housing and clothing, are achieved. To lead a materially abundant life, it is also incontrovertible that we need to have good salaries. What's more, they argue that earning decent salaries can bring them dignity and recognition as they are, to some extent, successful. Such belief can be proved because it is common to find the rich with high social status, like Bill Gates.

The above arguments may all stand in some conditions. As for me, I agree that having a good salary can set up a fundamental base for a better life. When our life is financially supported, we can then look for more enjoyable jobs to be psychologically contented. I believe this approach is practical as a good salary and an enjoyable job are not necessarily contradictory in today's diversified job market.
ammus1 10 / 29  
Hai ,it is better to state ur opinion in the introduction itself.
fikri 5 / 317 71  
Such belief can be proved because it is common to find the rich with high social status, like Bill Gates.

here, you can explain more about your example (Bill Gates), explain about his life which is connected to your topic
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Some people argue that it is more important to have an enjoyable job than to earn a lot of money. Others disagree and think that a good salary leads to a better life. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

The best combination of work and salary leads levels of job satisfaction. (Hook)
For some people, a good salary should be the most important consideration in a job. (Background)
However, I think it is not money in itself which is important; it is people's ability to enjoy the job.(Thesis)

Final draft for the introduction:
The best combination of work and salary leads levels of job satisfaction. Therefore some people argue that a good salary should be the most important consideration in a job. However, I think it is not money in itself which is important; it is people's ability to enjoy the job.

Noteworthy:
Even your prompt is open for discuss both views, there is no harm you stating your own opinion in the introduction itself. It is nicer when you conclude the intro with a statement expressing your opinion very clearly. That helps you take the reader in your desired direction.

there is a heated debate on what the most important factor is when considering about

This phrase is too common. Many students use this in their opening paragraph. As a result, this can be categorized as the memorized language.You'd better rewrite this expression. What I see is that many students think the memorization of the perfect phrase is much more acceptable. They use it every time when they write. And to tell you the truth it doesn't impress the assessor. You may get penalized.

The above arguments may all stand in some conditions.

Omit it. This adds no value.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Ryan T Higgins

andial.., I believe he has a good pattern for IELTS, but not for the introduction. If you see how that guy provides sample answers, then you will have a bulky introduction. It just takes time playing around the complicated introduction. Simply have background and thesis statement. What you need is to focus on the body of paragraph, which is the most important. In the end, if you still have time running, then go back to introduction as to enhance your HOOK.
For those who believe having a pleasurable job should receive more concern, psychological satisfaction of their jobs outweighs the salaries they gain.

This is a pretty confusing sentence. It does not You need to rephrase the same :(
Having a harmonious working environment and job satisfaction can bring them unmeasurablegreat happiness which can hardly be bought by enormous wealth from their perspectives.any other means.
OP harry137181143 2 / 4  
Thank you all !!!! I will study your opinions!! thanks :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS : An enjoyable job or a good salary? Discuss both sides and give your view