If you have enough money, would you purchase either a house or a business?

Icebird 3 / 1  
I want you to correct grammar and consistency of my TOEFL ESSAY.

Thanks for your help. Have a good day!

If a person has to choose only one between buying a house and a business, it would be a tough choice. To buy a house makes people feel security. To buy a business, meanwhile, provides people with the opportunities to make more money. Both of them have benefits, but if I were given this choice, I would like to buy a business. There are two reasons for my choice that a successful business allows me to make more money and it doesn't matter for me to have a house.

First of all, most people works in workplaces it is not their own. Thus, they are hard to make more money. However, if I have a successful business, I have the opportunities to earn more money. A successful business that makes more money can give me the chance to buy something I would like to have, such as nice cars and fashionable clothes. In addition, this can supply me with something I would like to do. For instance, I am able to do skydiving and skiing and driving a racing car if I have much money. Plus, proceeds from my own business make possible for me to buy a house that I would exactly love to.

Furthermore, I strongly believe that having my own business is much valuable than having a house. Some people who have only their house don't feel satisfied with having a business. On the other hand, the other people can be satisfied with the fact that there is their own business. Also, I strongly affirm that the feeling of satisfaction is very important in humans' lives and this satisfaction makes people more pride. For example, my friend Sam who has his own large business believes that having a business and managing a business make him so active and confident that he always feels pride of himself. Although he doesn't have any his own house, he thinks that it is not matter because of a sense of pride from having a business.

To be sure, purchasing a house feel me stable and is very important for my family who live with me in long time because of stability from having a house; However, I would choose to buy a business if I have to choose only one. I cannot abandon the chance to make more money and to make more choices.
Shirley0426007 6 / 13  
most people works in workplaces it is not their own.
most people work for companies are not belong to them.

Although he doesn't have any his own house, he thinks that it is not matter because of a sense of pride from having a business.

Although he does not have his house, he thinks that it does not matter because of the sense of pride from having a business.
If a person has to choose only one between buying a house and a business

... sounds better without "only one''

To buy a house makes people feelsecuritysecured

Having a house makes people feel secured.

To buy a business, meanwhile, provides people with the opportunities to make more money.

However, a business would provide them with earning a living.

, I wouldlikeprefer to buy a business.

.... The word "prefer" is more appropriate here, because you talk of a liking for something over antother. :)

Good points! :)

Home / Writing Feedback / If you have enough money, would you purchase either a house or a business?