Why not enough students studying in science? Are there any effects on society?

Lorri 1 / -  
It has been observed that in many countries there are not enough students are choosing to study science subjects at university. What do you think are the causes of the problems? Are there any effects on society?

The problem of modern society is a shortage of students studying science at university. There are a variety of reasons to explain why it happened, and it would bring negative impacts on society development.

Some students who do not choose science subjects may think that learning these subjects, such as chemistry, biology or physics, is too difficult. They not only need to remember a large number of theories, also need to do complex experiments and calculations. So, it seems that only those who have talents in these fields can learn this subject, and most students do not think they have this talent.

...
Adhisti 20 / 19 2  
Hi Lorri, allow me to give suggestion to your writing..

Some students who do not choose science subjects may think that learning these subjects, such as chemistry, biology or physics, is too difficult. They not only need to remember a large number of theories, but also need to do complex experiments and calculations. So, it seems that only those who have talents in these fields can learn this subject, and most students do not think they have this talentcapacity .

Moreover, some students also find that learning this subject make them have little choice on finding jobs after graduating. It is true that expect some companies in science field, most companies do not really need thesethe graduates of science field . SoAs a consequence, in order to have more opportunities, most students prefer to learn some popular subjects, such as accounting and marketing.

However, if a majority of students hold these views and do not like to study science, sooner or later it would lead to a shortagelack of experts in natural science field major. I am afraid at that time little new advancement that benefits human's life can be made, which is no advantage of developing our societysocieties . After all, it is scientific knowledge that allows us to develop technology and applications. For example, producing drugs for diseases always relays on some biologists' and chemists' help.

In conclusion, there are lots of reasons about the shortage of students in science subject, and it is obviously this problem would cause a negative impact on society. So I hope government and teachers can encourage morethe students to learn this subject in case this problem becomes more serious.

Home / Writing Feedback / Why not enough students studying in science? Are there any effects on society?