IELTS Essay Task 2: entertaining and educational functions of Museums

MiaCuthbert 7 / 25 2  
TOPIC: Some people think that museums should be enjoyable places to entertain people, while others believe that the purpose of museums is to educate.
Discuss both views and give you own opinion.

ANSWER:

People sometimes have different views on the role of museums. While there is an opinion that they are a means of entertainment, I believe it is also involved with education.

On the one hand, tourists often go to visit museums for entertainment purposes. Particularly, they are often voted as the funniest destinations in a country. Enjoying the historical and peaceful atmosphere there can be a good way to reduce stress which is caused from hard working days. Besides, there are many traditional games for visitors to play. In Ethnic Museum in Vietnam, for instance, people always feel comfortable playing interesting games such as bag jumping, pillars walking and many more. These are some of the main reasons why people enjoy visiting museums.

On the other hand, it cannot be denied that museums may broaden people's horizons. Information about artefacts, old furnitures and historical photos may help them know more about the country's history and glorious victories. All these documentaries can be helpful for their works and researches.Moreover, visiting museumsalso boost the students' motivation in learning and make them boast of their nation. Therefore, they will study harder in order to contribute their knowledge and efforts to the country's development as people in the past did.

For the reasons mentioned above, I would argue that good museums should have entertaining as well as educational functions so that they are more fun and attracting to both residents and foreign tourists.

Words: 238
ganggang 5 / 9 2  
I think your ideas are so clear and logical

On the one hand, tourists often go to visit museums for entertainment purposes. Particularly, they are often voted as the funniest destinations in a country.As a result, enjoying the historical and peaceful atmosphere there can be a good way to reduce stress which is caused from hard working days.
tiaDS 73 / 235 52  
Words: 238

Absolutely, you will lose one point because it is less than 250 words.

such as bag jumping and pillars walking and many more

In Ethnic Museum in Vietnam, for instance, people always feel comfortable playing interesting games such as bag jumping, pillars walking and many more.

Here the pattern how to write the complex example:
1. Who? who often visit in museum? (student)
2. How many? how many people visit in this place? (many tourists and students)
3. When? when tourist usually visit in museum? (in the holiday or weekend)
4. What? what they do there? (to learn about history of a nation)
5. How? how they learn about? (they can see many evidences which keep the real story)
6. Result? what is the result of visiting in museum? (students will appreciate with their nation)

This pattern also can help you to improve your words and make your paragraph more specific.
OP MiaCuthbert 7 / 25 2  

On the one hand, tourists often go to visit museums for entertainment purposes.

Thank you for the compliment ^^ and the helpful solution :)

MiaCuthbert:
Words: 238 Absolutely, you will lose one point because it is less than 250 words.

Oops!! I thought if i was close to it, it'd be okay? do you think so? because i just need 12 more words :D

Thank you so much tiaDS this is helpful :) i'll try to improve it :) thanks so muchh
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Some people think that museums should be enjoyable places to entertain people, while others believe that the purpose of museums is to educate.
Discuss both views and give you own opinion .

Even the prompt opens for discussion/ both views, there is no harm to give your opinion ( as the thesis in the last sentence)
Let me give a try:
Museums save many stories. For some people, museums should present high entertainment values. For some others, museums are built to educate people. Both views have different perspectives. In my opinion, museums as an ideal destination to see historical sites save much of the culture of human's life.
OP MiaCuthbert 7 / 25 2  
I doubt if my intro does correlate with the whole essay or not :( please tell me . thank you so much!!!

This is good, but I like if you have been a bit more specific on the views in your first sentence.
On the one hand, tourists often go to visit museums for entertainment purposes. ..."go" makes "visit" redundant.

Particularly, they are often voted as the funniest destinations in a country.

.... "funniest destinations"? .... I find it sounds a bit rude.... I believe this is what you intended to say;
Particularly, the museums are often voted as the best attractions for amusement in some countries.

On the one hand...

In this body para, you are not actually attempting to justify your opinion :(

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Essay Task 2: entertaining and educational functions of Museums