Environment problems, who would be responsible for this? - IELTS essay topic

demi34 1 / 1  
Thank you for helping me!

Some people think that environmental problems should be solved on a global scale while others believe it is better to deal with them nationally.
Discuss both sides and give your opinion.

authorities need to take action

Nowadays, environment has become one of the most serious problems that humans have to deal with. However, there are many opinions about who would be responsible for this. Some people hold the idea that environment-related problems should be handled on a global scale while others suppose it is better if each nation is in charge of it.

To begin with, there are some certain reasons for people to give hand in protecting the environment. Firstly, this is the problem of mankind. We all lives on Earth and breathes the same atmosphere. Therefore, anything that could possibly do harm to the common living environment is worth thorough consideration. Secondly, the majority definitely can create much more stronger effects on environmental protection. In fact, campaigns that are held in global scale such as protection of wild animals have created many efficient waves and helped modify people's behaviours to wild creatures.

On the other hand, handling with environmental issues nationally does have its own power. One of the key advantages here is efficiency. Authorities of a nation could control the environmental prevention status effectively by laws. For instance, Vietnamese government has passed the Law on forest protection and development in 2014 to deal with the accumulation of deforestation in recent years. Besides, it can be easily seen from the fact that each country has different environmental issues, so it would be more reasonable to tackle them separately. Nowadays, some countries such as China and India suffer from severe pollution while others in Africa have to deal with animal extinction, and it is obvious that each problem needs particular solutions.

From my point of view, the action of authorities in each country is a more important element in environmental protection. Although raising the conception in people all over the world is necessary, people are unlikely to take real actions without their government's enforcement policies.
Jenna231 - / 1  
I think you can review these highlights. Hope it helps.

To begin with, there are some certain reasons for people ...
... problem of mankind as we all lives on Earth and breathes the same atmosphere.
... environment is worth having thorough consideration.
... protection of wild animals have created many efficient ....have proved to have great effect on raising people's awareness of the significance of protecting those animals and their natural habitat.

On the other hand, handling with environmental issues ... the issue of environmental problems should also be tackled by the government of each country.
Besides, it can be easily seen from the fact that each country has different its own distint environmental issues, so would be more reasonable to tackle them separately the solution for them cannot be the same. Take China and Sout Africa for example, one suffers from serious pollution while the other have to deal with illegal wildlife trade, so they should carry on with different measures to tackle their problems.
Vi, the instructions were for you to discuss both sides and give your opinion. Therefore, the opening statement you created should have included a reference to a discussion of your opinion, without actually giving an opinion yet. While you provided an acceptable discussion of both sides in your essay. The fact that you used your personal opinion as the closing statement of this essay lessened the possible score for your essay. I do not know if you were told this but, a concluding statement can never be in the form of a personal opinion. That is because the concluding statement is used to offer a reminder of the discussion provided only. It is not meant to increase the information regarding a discussion. As such, the task accuracy score of your essay was immediately and direly affected to the point where your possible score cannot be higher than a 5,
OP demi34 1 / 1  
@Jenna231
Thank you so much for your advices!
Have a nice day!

Home / Writing Feedback / Environment problems, who would be responsible for this? - IELTS essay topic