IELTS Task 1 - Environmental impacts due to over logging activities.

The Everest 4 / 3  
The flowchart reveals the environmental impacts of logging activities. Generally, it clearly demonstrates that destructive logging practices seriously reduce the forest's ability to carry out vital environmental and ecological functions.

First of all, when we look at an increasing trend of folding and soil erosion , heavy logging machines and equipments degrade and destroy the soil. As the result of this consequences, the fewer roots from cutting trees can not hold the top soil which becomes hard and soil erosion in the rainy season. During this time, the soil is irresistible to maximum flow of rain water and soil erosion occurs the folds. Consequently, this phenomenon can lead to destruction of wildlife populations and vegetation.

It is undeniable that the destructive forest fires has been exacerbated by logging activities from the waste woods. Resulting in this wild fires leading to loss of pastures for wild animals and less biodiversity. On the other hand, large-scale logging becomes drastic changes in precipitation of trees directly when the forest cover is removed. These changes also make lengthening dry periods.

To sum up, it reveals that steps must be taken into account urgently in order to ensure that rainforests and survival of wide animals.

angga93 42 / 74 20  
First of all, when we look at an increasing trend ...

First of all, there are an increase in the risk of flood(not folding) and soil erosion due to heavy logging machines and equipment which can degrade and destroy the soil.

As the result of this consequences, the fewer roots ... : this is not the result, but the causes of erosion that you've mentioned in the previous sentence

This soil destruction causes fewer number of roots in the soil so that the top layer of soil can not be supported properly.

On the other hand ,(this phrase is intended to explain something from different point of view, i suggest to use "In addition") large-scale logging becomes (experience) drastic changes in precipitation of trees directly when the forest cover is removed.

These changes also makelengthening dry periods.

That's all from me, I hope it is helpful :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1 - Environmental impacts due to over logging activities.