IELTS WRITING TASK 2 (Environmental problems from human harmful activities)

Tuandepzai 1 / -  
Some human activities have negative effects on plant and animal species.
Some people think it is too late to do anything about this problem while others think effective measures can be taken to improve this situation.

Discuss both views and give your opinion.

In this day and age, it is very clear to see the impact of human activities on flora and fauna. Although the government have taken measures to improve the matter, there some believe that it is too late to reverse the consequences. But in my point of view, living creatures still could be saved, and we need to take effective remedies to make that happen.

On the one hand, it cannot be denied that humans have been negatively affecting the ecosystem for a long time. Thousands of trees have been cut down by us for buildings, skyscrapers, and roads,..., the animals are being hunted to serve human interests, which leads to the extinction of some species. So, it is easy to understand why some people have a negative view of this problem. In fact, Vietnam used to have a large number of tigers but in recent years, there are only very few tigers still alive and most of them are being cared in nature conservation areas.

On the other hand, it is not impossible to improve this issue. I firmly believe that there are a lot of things governments and individuals are capable of dealing with this. The authorities have taken measures to minimize anthropogenic activities, more and more movements to fight against harmful activities that impact the environment. For example, in Vietnam, due to improved public awareness, the forest cover ratio has increased from 38,7% in 2008 to 42% in 2020.

In conclusion, this topic causes a lot of arguments but I personally think that we need to be responsibility to protect the only planet we have.
The prompt restatement contains inaccuracies because it comes across as a part of the writer's personal opinion instead of being an interpretation of the original prompt. That is because it makes factual claims that cannot be found / are not contained in the original prompt. It is best to never merge the personal point of view of the author with the restatement because of this problem. It would be better to save any personal insight for the writer's opinion section.

Punctuation usage is a problem in this presentation. Specifically, the writer's confusion as to how punctuation marks are correctly used. Here is a big hint: Use it one at a time, never successively. That means, you cannot use a comma, ellipses, then a comma again. It does not make sense in the sentence structure and it does not make sense in terms of punctuation usage rules either. This error is an example of a reason why the essay will receive a failing GRA score.

Instructions indicate that the writer has to compare his personal opinion against the public opinion. It is this back and forth comparison that creates the comprehensive discussion and clear writer's opinion (per point of view). What the writer has presented is a personal opinion focused essay which will limit the scoring potential of the essay. He only covered 1 out of 3 discussion expectations. The essay is not properly developed and will have limited scoring potential because of it.
Charles Le 1 / 4 3  
I think your answer goes a little bit off the topic as the question is about the fact that it is "too late" to make any meaningful improvements. Therefore, the first paragraph should focus on the reason why it is "too late", and the second should explain why it is not "too late".

Moreover, the connection thorough your essay is another problem.

If you find this contribution helpful please give me a like.
Thank you and wish you achieve your targeted band score.
sofianur23 3 / 4 1  
I think you miss the task achievement because the requirement is to discuss the two views given but you answered like problem solution task; you give the fact of problem in the first paragraph and the kind of solutions in the second paragraph. Besides, for me it is hazardous using very specific data in IELTS test because in real test you don't be allowed to open any sources

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2 (Environmental problems from human harmful activities)