IELTS Task 1 : Erosion of a headland

Fardhani Putri 23 / 46 7  
The diagram below show the stages in the erosion of a headland. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The diagram illustrates a headland, the area of hard rock which juts into the sea, erode slowly in stages.
At the first time, a headland stood much further in the sea. Continuously, the waves attack the base of the cliff which has the weakest area. Then, the rock eroded into cracks and over the time it becomes larger and larger.

These cracks which created by erosion develop into a cave. The process erosion continuous widens the cave and it undercuts through the headland until shaping an arch. There is an impressive example of natural arch just Durdle Door in Dorset.

Next, the water continues to wipe the structure of an arch. Therefore, it makes the arch unstable and cannot support its roof. Further, it collapses into the sea when a mass of rock higher than the mainland so it becomes a stack.

Moreover, the stack continually eroded until it finally leaves behind a stump. As a result, it creates the headland retreating but stack standing independently besides the headland.

Overview, headland slowly disappear from the surface our planet, it is caused by erosion which waves against the cliff of coastal.

The diagram illustrates the stages of erosion of a headland, the area of hard rock that juts out to the sea.

At the first time, a headland stood much further in the sea

... this task is to assess your report writing skills. Therefore adopt a more formal tone that is appropriate for reporting facts.
rockmanvnx6 2 / 3  
you need to follow struture :
1. Intro sentences : introduce the topic of the chart [Paraphrase]
2. Overview statement :
- general trend of the chart
- the most out standing feature of the chart
3. Detail paragraph

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1 : Erosion of a headland