It is essential to choose the right color scheme for hospital and office decor

ashelarisa48 36 / 52 4  
Writing IELTS Task 2
Question :
Psychologists have known for many years that color can affect how people feel. For this reason, attention should be given to color schemes when decorating places such as offices and hospitals.

How true is this statement? How far does color influence people's health and capacity for work?

It is essential to choose the right color to be applied in offices and hospitals decoration as a result of its effect for people's health and work capacity. Many psychologists claimed that certain colors can influence people's mood so I believe that colors have strong effect for people's health and work. Blue, green and white are the best colors to be applied in hospital because they have a healing effect to make the patients feeling calmness, while bright and attractive colors like light yellow or sky blue will increase the workers' creativity in the office.

Most hospitals use white as the wall's color because it is believed that it can reduce the patients' pain while undergoing the treatment. Blue and green also give the same effect as white so that it is usually used in several rooms in the hospitals like in the consulting room and the bathroom. A survey conducted in Indonesia involving all patients in 20 hospitals results almost 90% of respondents choose white, blue and green as the colors in hospital's room that make them feel comfortable.

Talking about working place, colors affect the employees' creativity as well. Certain colors like bright yellow or blue maximize the lighting in the office so it is good for the workers to finish their job. Some design companies in London also change the wall's color in their office annually which aims to raise the creativity and new idea from the workers.

So, that is really clear that colors can influence people especially in health and creativity. It is important to use white, blue and green as the decoration in the hospitals due to creating the pleasant atmosphere. It also works for the offices which apply bright colors on the wall to increase the workers' creativity.
septiadara29 48 / 67 9  
Hello! I will give you some opinions about your essay.

Introduction:
(1) ... its effect foron people's health and work capacitywork optimally.
(2) ... have strong effect foron people's health and work. -> You have mentioned it in the first sentence
(3) ... they have a healing effect onto make the patients feeling becoming calmness,

(4) ... pain while undergoing the treatment.
(5) ... same effect as white so that it is usually used (...) in the hospitals likesuch as in the consulting ...

(6) ... place, colors can also affect the employees' ...
(7) Certain colors like such as bright yellow or blue, can maximize the ...
(8) ... to raise the creativity and to increase new idea from the workers. -> parallel structure

So, that is really clear that colors can influence ...

Home / Writing Feedback / It is essential to choose the right color scheme for hospital and office decor