IELTS: It is essential to have the death penalty to reduce violent crime.

me4mbd 5 / 11 5  
Topic: It is essential to have the death penalty to reduce violent crime. To what extent do you agree?

Indubitably, over the last few decades dead penalty was one of the most common judicial punishments to minimise the brutal crime used by almost all societies. However, now-a-days a strong question is arised whether capital punishment should continued or banned. People who support death penalty argue that capital punishment deters offensive activities. For instance, terrorists and serial killers are criminally insane thus occur mass terrorism. Behavioural science indicates that humans have a tendency to follow others in the society that means criminal activities of outlaws can easily motivate others to commit crime in the society. In this stand point, fear of judicial execution prevent people to conduct such activities. secondly, by ensuring the judicial execution to violent crime the state or country ensures justice to the victims family. In reality it is very hard to accept by the relatives of victims that they lost their loved one forever, but the person(s) responsible for their lost is living by taxpayers money in the prison. Ironically this shows that our justice system shows more sympathy for criminals than it does victims. Therefore, only death penalty can give closure to the victims family. Besides criminals are most likely to reoffend crime. Others means of punishment in particular, imprisonment can give them another chance to reoffent crime. For example, escape or release on parole will give them an opportunity to again kill someone in the society. In this case, only death penalty can prevent that happen.

On the other hand, opponents of the death penalty say that, it is a cruel and barbaric way to kill someone by the government as government also murders someone who commited a murder. Moreover, tendency of "an eye for an eye" drives the whole world blind fueled by the revenge. furthermore, sixty percent of violent crimes are domestic crimes while the offenders commited crime only once in their lifetime. In this case a second chance or another type of punishment such as rehabilitation, jail and so on would help them to correct their characteristics as well as will save a life. Last of all why would we kill another human when we are unable to give a new life. It is obvious that death penalty doesn't bring the victim back to life. Imprisonment in a confined room of a prison could be an effective and worse punishment while prisoner will go to through a tremendous mental pain for previous crimes.

To sum up, after weigh up the pros and cons of death penalty I strong agree that, death penalty is not essential to prevent violent in our society. I believe that executing criminal create a violent culture and encourages revenge as well as innocent people can be exxecuted in corrupted judgement system. I think it is the right time to take right decission against death penalty for a better world.

Please rate my essay out of 9. I will greatly appreciate your comments and suggestion regarding ideas, structure, grammar, and vocabulary of my essay.
Regards
bobinv 5 / 14 3  
dead penalty

death penalty
However, now-a-days a strong question is arised whether capital punishment should continued or banned[/quote]
However, nowadays there is a strong debate if capital punishment has to continue or be completely banned

again kill someone

recommit a crime

can prevent that happen

can prevent this from happening

Last of all

Finally,

These are just some of my suggestions. All the best pal
dead penalty

.... death penalty

dead penalty was one of the most common judicial punishments to minimise the brutal crime used by almost all societies.

.... murder is a capital crime.
death penalty was one of the most common judicial punishments that was used to minimize the capital crimes taking place in almost every society.
I think you need to pay attention to your essay structure, otherwise you'd run into problems. Remember, you need to manage and have all important features, which would help you earn marks, in your essay.
OP me4mbd 5 / 11 5  
Thank you so much Bobin, I appreciate you for your time.
OP me4mbd 5 / 11 5  
Thank you Dumi. Thanks so much for your time and advice. I will take your advice seriously. Regards
Yep.... I too strongly feel that you should follow dumi's suggested structure. Otherwise you would run into problems, especially with managing time.

On the other hand, opponents of the death penalty say that, it is a cruel and barbaric way to kill someone by the government as government also murders someone who commitedcommitted a murder.

.... this is very interesting .... It never clicked my mind before :D

. Moreover, tendency of "an eye for an eye" drives the whole world blind fueled by the revenge.

....Good
You can write well... Only you've got to pay attention to the structure.
OP me4mbd 5 / 11 5  
Hi Pahan, thank you for your valuable comments.
sukhjit 2 / 5  
very impressive writing, I'm not able find any mistake in it.
Ibrahim_Xian 6 / 9 6  
Behavioural science indicates that humans have a tendency to follow othersin the societybehaviours that means criminal activities of outlaws can easily motivate others to commit crime in the society

you've used 'in this society' once

by the way,your vocabulary is great

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: It is essential to have the death penalty to reduce violent crime.