EVENT MANAGEMENT SKILLS ; LOGBOOK Entries from work placement

unigirl 3 / 11 2  
I need a bit of help writing more fluently and with better words, this is basically the start of a logbook i have to keep while on placement to say which skills i have developed over the period of time. any help would be great! thanks in advance :)

While last month I was just getting to grips with what was expected of me, I believe I have progressed this month into being confident in a professional environment. My communication skills have improved greatly with me now speaking confidently on the phone and in person and being able to handle enquiries from the public and organisations with ease. I had to complete the task of contacting businesses about taking out an ad in the feile an earraigh programme. Although last month i was progressing to having a more confident tone and ease on the telephone, i believe this month i have developed a negotiable and persuasive skill on the phones vital for a role like this and have benefited greatly from it in this task as you can see from my progress in month 1 to the final ads in february (see appendix).
chessman567 5 / 170 11  
I edited yours below. There are a lot of grammar mistakes though. Please like my post :)

While last month I was just getting to grips withOF what was expected of me, I believe I have progressed this month into being MORE confident in a professional environment. My communication skills have improved greatly with meAS I AM now speaking confidently on the phone and in person and beingAM able to handle enquiries from the public and organisations with ease. I had to complete the task of contacting businesses about taking out an ad in the feile an earraigh programme. Although last month i (CAPTIAL ) was progressing to having(PLEASE EDIT THIS SENTENCE. THE GRAMMAR IS VERY BAD HERE) a more confident tone and ease on the telephone, i believe this month i have developed a negotiable and persuasive skill on the phones vital for a role like this and have benefited greatly from it in this task as you can see from my progress in month 1 to the final ads in february (see appendix). CAPITALIZE YOUR "I's)
OP unigirl 3 / 11 2  
thats brilliant thanks :) I have to write about what skills I gained from the actual event that was put on, I just don't know how to start that bit,

the event was a irish music festival put on in a marquee and I was stage manager and on the door
Could you help me with it please
chessman567 5 / 170 11  
If you want to be unique, you can start off with a short anecdote, or story. Describe how scared you felt when you were assigned that task but then went through it with ease. Then describe what you learned out of that. Or something like that.
While last month I was just getting to grips with what was expected of me, I believe I have progressed this month into being confident in a professional environment.

.... by changing the order a little bit, you can improve clarity;
During the last month I was able to get the grip of the assigned tasks to me and become more and more confident working in a professional environment.

My communication skills have improved greatly with me now speaking confidently on the phone and in person and being able to handle enquiries from the public and organisations with ease.

My communication skills too improved a lot and now I can speak confidently over the phone as well as in person. This has enabled me to handle inquiries from both the public and companies with ease.

Home / Writing Feedback / EVENT MANAGEMENT SKILLS ; LOGBOOK Entries from work placement