Everyone has a right to have access to university education without tuition

minhductrinh 1 / -  

the abolition of tuition fees

Whether should the government abolish tuition fees remains controversial. While some people argue that this could result in a thriving society, others claim that tuition waiver can put a strain on the economy. In my opinion, I partly advocate the decision to pursue college without fee.

There are many compelling reasons why students should be allowed to waive tuition. On the individual level, tuition waivers provide students a number of advantages. Students can easily get access to higher education. And as a result, especially the underprivileged will stand a better chance of landing on a steady job and bettering their living condition. However, the abolition of university tuition may have a negative impact on student's academic performance. As today most undergraduates have to pay for their education, they are bound to study harder and apply themselves to getting good grades. Therefore, were this financial pressure to be dispensed with, students can be indifferent to their study and lose their motivation to work hard. Due to their thought that failing an exam doesn't cost them anything.

On the other hand, the provision of free-of-charge education may exert positive effect on a country's economy. A surge in the gross enrollment rate, prompted by a free-college policy, would trigger a more educated workforce, which results in a thriving society. Let's take Singapore as a telling example. Thanks to their heavy investment in education, they now have the most skillful working labours. And as a result, Singapore has become one of the most developed countries in the world.

In conclusion, while the potential benefits of university tuition waiver make it seem like a good idea, I believe that the government should not make it free for everyone.
Your second paragraph should be used to disprove the preceding reasoning paragraph. When you partly agree with the reasoning, you may use a comparative discussion format. However the comparison must be based on the same reasons presented in the first paragraph. Otherwise, you risk losing the cohesiveness of the discussion, thus, affecting your c + c score. Remember, the first C in the score represents cohesiveness or connectivity of discussion points. There are already 2 cohesive discussion topics that prove your partial agreement in the first reasoning paragraph . Let me reference it for you:

Reason 1: Students can easily get access to higher education. ...their living condition.
Reason 2 : However, the abolition of university tuition may have a negative impact on student's academic performance.

Both reasons serve as partial agreement, in a comparative manner, based on the reason of landing on a steady job and bettering their living condition. These 2 reasons can properly, clearly, cohesively, and coherently prove your discussion without the second disconnected paragraph.

Home / Writing Feedback / Everyone has a right to have access to university education without tuition