SAT Essay - Does everyone see a thing from the same perspective?

FTfT 1 / -  
"Two men look out through the same bars; one sees mud and one the stars."
-Frederick Langbridge
Assignment:
Does everyone see a thing from the same perspective? Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on this. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or observations.

Does everyone see a thing from the same perspective? Absolutely not. It is because all of us are unique and independent individuals, and each of our brains functions in the particular way. We have our own favors; we make the special choice. That is why the world is kaleidoscopic. If there were only a single perspective on one thing, we would not need the economics and the president election. We will be like robots that make the same decision. What a horrible scene!

The factors that make us judge one issue on the distinctive angles are our contexts, religions, conventions, and cultures. To take an example, there was a impoverish man who stole the medicine in order to save his mother. On the trajectory of ethic, he is forgivable, but judging by the law, he is a criminal. Similar situations take places in our daily life, so we need the jury to deliberate upon the guiltiness of the suspect.

In addition, the divergence of religious believes and cultures often lead to the disputes, and even worse, the wars. There are countless examples, such as Crusade, World War, terrorisms, etc. We can even conclude confidently that most of the wars launched were due to the different perspectives of the adversarial leaders.

Moreover, our perspectives make who we are. As the quote above provided, "Two men look out through the same bars; one sees mud and one the stars." There are always two sides of a coin. We can choose to look at it either on the positive side or on the opposite side.

For instance, when climbing up on the mountains, the pessimistic people always think that there are still many steps, but the optimistic people would view that there are more and more steps behind.

To sum up, no one would view one thing in totally the same way as others'. What we should learn is to embrace the divergent ideas because they make the world colourful altogether.

Thanks for reading. I'm a newbie of this forum. Please give me some advices or tell me if I violated the rules. I'll be very appreciated!
amytsai 2 / 3  
There was a impoverished man--> There was an impoverished man

I think your essay is too weak, without any specific examples. Sat essay focuses on the examples you gave to support your idea. For example, you can give an example and cite it is from the classic--Moby Dick. All of your examples are too vague.

I can see you have already got some point on how to write Sat essay because your essay is already "look like" a Sat essay. I recommend you to look some sample essays so you will know how to go on.

And by the way, the words you used are accurate and this is very good.
Keep going! :)

Home / Writing Feedback / SAT Essay - Does everyone see a thing from the same perspective?