Should everyone stop eating meat in order to have a good health?

Jihanie 1 / 1  

Should everyone become vegetarian?

Many people are becoming vegetarians as they believe that a vegetarian diet is better for their health. Although I agree that a diet with full of plant foods brings many benefits to human body, I do not concur that everyone should stop eating meat in order to have good health.

There are many reasons why a diet without meat or fish is beneficial. Firstly, people who have plant-based foods may decrease risks of several chronic illnesses such as diabetes, obesity and cancers. This is due to the fact that eating healthily plenty of vegetables and fruits provides our bodies with important vitamins and minerals as well as a little fat and sugar which are harmful. For example, soy, pumpkin, or chia seeds and walnuts are rich sources of Omega-3, vitamin E and magnesium. So that, instead of eating many kinds of animal foods to get these nutrients, we only need some walnuts or others. Overall, a reduced risk of disease means that the health advantages of vegetarianism can essentially lead to a longer life.

However, there are some disadvantages that should be considered before obeying a plant-based diet. In the first place is that daily meat-free meals of consumers may provide a lack of calories for energy needs of human body, therefore vegetarians could be drained. Moreover, several people are following an incorrectly vegetarian diet which also brings horrible effects to their health. Because plant products are low in vitamin B12, vitamin B6, zinc and some other key minerals, consequently plant-eaters may have anemia or heart disease. Additionally, the limitation of food choices is possible to make eaters feel stressed.

In conclusion, although a vegetarian diet is advantageous for human health, it requires knowledge of its pros and cons. For that reason, everybody should be careful when following a plant-based diet, or accept other healthy and balanced food options which are more suitable.
In the restatement, the writer did not provide the original reason for the provided opinion. It was altered from, "...they do not need to eat meat to have a healthy diet" to, "...a vegetarian diet is better for their health." Altering the original topic and changing the reason for the succeeding discussion. This portion will recieve a failing score based on an unrelated prompt response.

The actual response is not in the prescribed format either, further adding to the score failure consideration. The original instruction was to write 2 paragraphs that prove the validity of an agreement or disagreement with the topic. While this was responded to in the first paragraph, it was not properly supported in the succeeding paragraphs as the writer changed the response format from agree or disagree to a comparison format based on advantage / disadvantage consideration instead.

The essay cannot get a passing score based on these reasons.
OP Jihanie 1 / 1  
@Holt thank you for your feedback!

Home / Writing Feedback / Should everyone stop eating meat in order to have a good health?