Expenditure of five countries by category

agus_mono 13 / 23 2  
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002

Which products have the biggest proportion of expenditure?

The table exhibits information about the percentage of national spending on three categories of five different countries in 2012. Overall, it can be clearly seen that what is the biggest proportion of all countries' expenditure was food and tobacco.

Firstly, all people in those countries spend their fund on food and tobacco. Turkey's expenditure was the highest percentage in this category with 32.14%. It was twice higher than Italy. Furthermore, the second highest occupied by Ireland, 10% more than Spain.

Turning to the second category is clothing and footwear for which all country paid around 5% to 10%. Australian allocated their expenditure 9% and became the highest in this, while the lowest was Sweden. Interestingly, the rest three countries spend almost similar on around 6.5%.

The less remarkable feature showed by the table was Leisure and Education. Each country only spent under 5% on. Turkey was the highest with 4.35%, while the lowest proportion was showed by Spain. However, Italy and Sweden were approximately 3.20%.

hasanah_13 - / 2  
GRAMMAR
what isthe biggest proportion of ... -------------------- use past tense because the year is 2002
firstly, all people in those countriesspendtheir fund on ... ----------------- use past tens [spent]
Furthermore, the second highest [ was ] occupied by ... ----------- add was there
Turning to the second category is clothing and footwear ... --------- past tense [was]
the rest three countries spend almost similar on ... ---------------------- past tense spent

Maybe you can reduce using too much number presenting the percentage and replace it with word such as 32,14% ----- just over a third and etc

thanks

Home / Writing Feedback / Expenditure of five countries by category