Is experience better than book?

sevil 2 / 1  
Life is an arena in which every person live, study, learn and build his living. It is Difficult to determine which source of knowledge is more important. Because they are two different sources but complement and they can not be substitute with each other. In my opinion the gained knowledge from experience is more important. we learn a lot from books but our most important knowledge achieve from our experiences. Let me illustrate my supporting reasons.

First of all, both books and experience are foundation of knowledge. The knowledge that we obtain from books are theoretical and abstract. In the university we study a lot of subjects, gain general information and in some separate lessons we get deep knowledge. For example imagine an electrical engineer study electrical circuit's lesson very thorough and becomes an erudite one but are these entire theoretic education make him qualified to find a suitable career? Here is the experience complete the formal education. This well-informed student may design circuits but if this circuit will be operational? The answer is dependent upon experience which is obtained from working, encounter with problems, try to eliminate errors and modify the circuit.

The second one, the knowledge which is obtained from experiences is more effective and permanent than reading the books. Our learning of experience is distinct and first-handed whereas books are experiences and ideas of other people. They are very useful and eye opening for everyone to extract necessary information and save her/his time. For example in solving math questions having a handbook with solution of the questions is very helping but real knowledge will gain when you encounter with questions, try to solve them even you can not and find your strength and weakness. I mean by assimilating experiences and theoretical knowledge you can develop your long-lasting skills.

Conclusively, both books and experiences are powerful tools and great resources in headway of any person. They are supplemental but can not be replaced by each other. Although I agree with this expression; knowledge that is gained from experience is more important but combination of formal education with practical experience results lingering skills and lead person to be a successful and valuable one for himself/herself and society.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Hi Sevil...,

If we see the question, you are asked to compare Experience and Book. However, what I have after reading your writing is you don't answer the question.

Let's see:
First Para:

In the university we study a lot of subjects, gain general information and in some separate lessons we get deep knowledge. For example imagine an electrical engineer study electrical circuit's lesson very thorough and becomes an erudite one but are these entire theoretic education make him qualified to find a suitable career?

Second Para:

They are very useful and eye opening for everyone to extract necessary information and save her/his time. For example in solving math questions having a handbook with solution of the questions is very helping but real knowledge will gain when you encounter with questions, try to solve them even you can not and find your strength and weakness.

What is the purpose of those sentences? Do you want to talk about experience or book? I don't think so. I say this because the ideas sticked into are too general. You should narrow your sentences and always focus on the topic.

And this sentence:

I mean by assimilating experiences and theoretical knowledge you can develop your long-lasting skills

This might be you want to say: Experience and book help people develop life skills.

Life is an arena in which every person live, study, learn and build his living.

too many verbs.

can not

should be cannot

The answer is dependent upon experience which is obtained from working, encounter with problems, try to eliminate errors and modify the circuit.

this sentence is too long. Break it down into two sentences.

Although I agree with this expression; knowledge that is...

Although I agree with this expression (a comma) knowledge that is...
Thanks.
First, include your prompt in the thread so that we all know what it is all about and be in a better position to provide you with more meaningful feedbacks. Second, you need to tell the purpose of this writing. Is this for TOEFL, IETLS practicing? That information will help us provide you more task related feedbacks. Follow these instructions next time when you open a new thread.
Rhane 1 / 4 1  
Yes, I agree with Dumi you should have stated for what purpose is your essay so that we can have a better way of suggesting ideas. And another tip is that, it is better if you wrote your sentences in more simpler or shorter ones. I find it difficult to understand since you tend to make long sentences and they kind of run into each other. I think this will make you loose some points. It should be readable and clear. You have lots of ideas but is not well presented or organized.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
First of all, both books and experience are foundation of knowledge.

First of all, both books and experiences lay the foundation of knowledge.

The knowledge that we obtain from books are theoretical and abstract.

.... very good sentence

In the university we study a lot of subjects, gain general information and in some separate lessons we get deep knowledge.

Before coming to this point, you need to contrast the theoretical knowledge with the knowledge you acquire through experience.
You write quite well :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Is experience better than book?