"Experience of Cultural Difference" essay (pls. help revise, thanks)

tonydengcnu 23 / 17  
For family reason, I visited New Zealand on many occasions and I savored a distinctive cultural atmosphere
In the winter vacation of 2005, I attended a one-month English Language training class in New Zealand. At the beginning, all teachers and peer students were so kind to me and offered me help in various aspects. Gradually I got used to the class and got greatly improved. However, I found people around me were not as obliging as before. When I turned to them for help, they always said "You can handle it."I was quite frustrated for this but later I learned that this was one of the cultural differences. In China, as long as a friend asks for help, we offer our hands immediately no matter it is important or trivial. However, in western countries, as long as I am on track, they will leave me alone and I have to struggle with my own efforts. In my opinion, this kind of "moderate help"does contribute to personal development and prevents from over-reliance.

For all the cultural differences between countries, I exert myself to understand them and benefit from them. Only in this way can we broaden our horizon and view things in a more sensible perspective.
For family reasons, I have visited New Zealand on many occasions, and have savored a distinctive cultural atmosphere.

Gradually I got used to the class, and greatly improved.

I was quite frustrated by this but later I learned that this was one of the cultural differences.

In China, whenever a friend asks for help, we offer our hands immediately no matter how important or trivial.

In my opinion, this kind of "moderate help" does contribute to personal development and prevents over-reliance.

Hope this has helped!
:)

Home / Writing Feedback / "Experience of Cultural Difference" essay (pls. help revise, thanks)