'experiences for future life and job' - TOEFL:Why people attend university?

ksh 2 / 5  
I'm preparing for TOEFL, please check my essay..
Thanks...

Why do people attend university or school? Why is it important for them? As you know people have many different reasons for attending university and college. I think most important reasons to attend university and college are increased knowledge, career preparation, new experiences and may there are some other reasons which I will discuss in the following.

I think the most reason to attend university or college are increase knowledge and experience and skills for future career. You can imagine someone wants to be a medic, if he didn't study in college and achieve some experience in college and hospital could he/she help ill people? So going to university and college would prepare us for the future job.

Another reason I can say that is some people may want to have a social position and be more respected and they think without entering in university they can't have it, because todays people are educated are more respectful by society and it may give people more self-confidence, therefor they try to attend college or university.

Third reason we can discuss which is that they achieve experiences before enter in bigger society and future life. Students after high school enter in bigger society and they learn many things from their teachers and challenging and connection with other students who are around the world with different cultures, behaviors and languages, learn them many experiences that they can't gain them other places which are very useful for their future life.

Also going to a university or a college which is located in another city and being far from family could help us to experience independent life for the future. In this way people learn how they manage their money, what they should buy, they learn cooking and much more experiences which prepare them for their future independent life.

Therefore most of reason people want to enter in university are achievement of some experiences for future life and job, also obtaining knowledge which would help them for the future career that people can't gain them another places and it would be a good chance for improving them for all their life.
princedynasty 15 / 57 4  
Your essay is a bit informal, and personal, which may not be a suitable writing style. In Ielts and Toefl, semiformal writing style is often appreciated. However, the essay has clear ideas and a flow:D, despite minor grammatical mistakes.
OP ksh 2 / 5  
could you explain more, please?
sebastiann436 3 / 4  
"...the most important reason..."
"....is to increase knowledge...someone who wants to be a medic..."
"...because educated people is more respectable for the society..."
"...the third.."
"...challenges and to make connections with other students around the world..."
"..teach them..."
"going to a university or a college which located in another city far from family coul also help us..."

sorry i still don't know how to give the quotations in the right way,
i correct what i could, hope this helps!

Home / Writing Feedback / 'experiences for future life and job' - TOEFL:Why people attend university?