IELTS: Should we experiment on animals?

DHuong 2 / 3  
Topic: Nowadays animal experiments are widely used to develope new medicines and to test the safety of other products. Some people argue that these experiments should be banned because it is morally wrong to cause animals to suffer, while others are in favour of them because of their benefits to humanity.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Answer: People have different views about we should continue to use animals for scientific research or we should ban these experiments.
Some people argue that these experiments should be banned because it is normally wrong to cause animals to suffer. Animals are living, sentient beings, so we feel pain and so have they. The only difference is we can show our pain, but they can't. They also have own lives in nature environment. Furthermore, we always claim that every creature is bare equal. Animals have rights to survive.

So the question for us is "what should we do to protect them?". According to AAVS (American anti-vivisection society), animals studies do not reliable predict human outcomes. For example, penicilin is toxic in guinea pigs but has been invaluable tools in human medicines... and some people think that using animal experiments is cruel selfish activities.

Although there are good arguments in favour of banning these experiments, until now, we can not reject them. We also can't deny the benefits of animals testing to humanity. Firstly, testing products on animals often saves human life. Most drugs must be tested by animals before approval by government. Without animals testing, scientists would estimate the effects directly on human. In most case, reseachers attempt to minimize the pain or distress experienced by animals in laboratories. That's all the scientists can do.

In conclusion, I personally believe that we still have to use animals to test new products like drugs... in order to ensure the life of human.
People have different views about whether we should continue to use animals for scientific research or we should ban these experiments.

.... This seems to be your introduction. However, it is too short and you need to expand it a little bit. In the introduction you need to introduce your prompt to the reader. Therefore you need to talk about the two different views here in introduction. Then move into body paras ( i suggest you to have two body paras) and have one to discuss the first view and the next for the other. Also I suggest you to leave a blank line in between paras to improve tidiness of your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Should we experiment on animals?