EXPLAIN THE CHARACTER OF MR LURIA in " The Halawe'en Party " short story ; Prose essay

TheUnlimited 1 / 1  
This is my prose essay . It is about explaining the character of Mr. Luria in " The Halawe'en Party " short story . I got about 3.5 out of 6 in this essay . Can someone please help me edit this essay , since my teacher allow us to re-write the essays ?

Here is the essay :

Sometimes, and may be for some people, it is hard for an expatriate to live in a country with
different cultures and beliefs that he accustomed and used to live with. Mr. Luria who immigrated to
Canada, was trying to survive with his own beliefs after he bought his own land in the farms of St. Vital
in Winnipeg to live in there with his family away from the city. He loves his family so much, but in the
same time he really cares about his Jewish beliefs. He may sometimes be harsh on his family, for example
when he disliked that his family will go to the Halloween party, but he always thought that whatever he
did was for the sake of his family.

Unlike their father, Mr. Luria's children, who were born and raised in Canada, used to think
differently regarding the religious issues. They could not understand their father's obsession with religion
because they did not experienced discrimination against their religion here in Canada. His religion "is the
only thing that he lived for," which suggests that he is a really strong religious person. Because of that, he
thinks that his children going to the Halloween party represents the first sign of weakness in their religion
bonds and the first step of faith disappearing from their hearts and minds. He thinks that "it is easy to
forget" the cultures and religions in Canada, because, as he believes, there are a lot of people who forgot
their cultures once they settled in the new country. Being against having his children go to the party, Mr.
Luria, in discussing the topic with Dan, fears that this trend of objection will be diverted against him. Dan
convinced Mr. Luria that he "[cannot] put religion into a lad just by showing him the inside of a church,"
that is, putting a religion into a person means to make that person feels and believes in the faith rather
than just by showing him religious objects. He finally allowed his children to go to the party, after Dan
convinced him, because he does not want them to grow with the "childish grief" or with hating otherpeople or being hated by others because of their religion. Changing his mind suggests that Mr. Luria is a

flexible and open-minded character.

In conclusion, being flexible and open minded always leads to a better situations and helps to
resolve conflicts between deferent ideas. Moving to a new country should not mean to be imprisoned by
ones ideas and not opened to what others thoughts. Strong morals and beliefs can be examined with other
ideas and thoughts without the fear of being changed or corrupted. These things are engraved in people's
hearts and souls. Mr. Luria was a great leader to his family and faithful to his religion because he could
make a balance between the new life requirements and his spiritual needs.
OP TheUnlimited 1 / 1  
Please , I need help A.S.A.P. .
Altaa 11 / 22  
different cultures and beliefs that he accustomed and used to live with.

I would like to change this sentence:

it is common that people found difficulties when dealing with cultures and beliefs different from their original's.
He may sometimes be harsh on his family, for example when he disliked that his family will go to the Halloween party, but he always thought that whatever he did was for the sake of his family.

He can sometimes be harsh on certain acts of his family members, for example when they go for a Halloween party. However, he always thought that whatever he did was in the best interest of his family.

Unlike their father, Mr. Luria's children, who were born and raised in Canada, used to think differently regarding the religious issues.

Unlike their father, Mr Luria's children, who were born and raised in Canada, perceived things differently, especially regarding the religious views.

They could not understand their father's obsession with religion because they did not experiencedexperience discrimination against their religion here in Canada.

They could not understand their father's obsession with religion because they never experienced any religious discrimination when they grew up in Canada.

Home / Writing Feedback / EXPLAIN THE CHARACTER OF MR LURIA in " The Halawe'en Party " short story ; Prose essay