The extended family is less important now; 'urban life / communication tools'

ramshah 11 / 27 5  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
The extended family ( grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles) is less important now than it was in the past.

It is undeniable that family is a popular topic which has caused heated debate over a long period of time because it affects everybody in his/her daily lives. Some people believe that the extended family is less important than it was in the past while some other people don't think so. In this essay, I will elaborate on why I agree with the statement that the extended family is less important now than it was in the past and give reasons and explanations.

One reason for my opinion is that urban life is growing in today's world. The number of cities and people moving from villages and suburbs to cities is increasing. Even the number of immigrants from smaller cities to major and bigger ones is increasing. This fact separates moving people from their extended families and relatives. Therefore, since people's living far away from their relatives and family members leads to a decrease in their interactions with them, they have to accept the fact that they cannot always be with their grandparents, cousins and so on and since less contacts usually lead to a decline in the importance of relationships, the extended family becomes less important.

Another reason that I based my opinion on is that nowadays, there are more communication tools because of the advancement of technology in comparison to the past. People in the past had to come together with their relatives and interact face-to-face in order to communicate with one another. However, in today's world there are a lot of tools like telephone, the internet and so forth that people can utilize them in order to make contacts with their cousins, aunts and their other relatives. Thus, there is no need to get together so that people can see each other and this has led to a decrease in the importance of the extended family.

From what has been discussed above, depending on personality type, personal experience and emotional concern, people differ greatly in their attitudes towards this issue. From my point of view, the extended family has less importance compared to the past because the urban life is growing day by day and also because of the advancement of communication tools.
It's better that you conclude your introduction with a clear sentence that states your opinion on the argument.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Question:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The extended family ( grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles) is less important now than it was in the past.

Your intro:

It is undeniable that family is a popular topic which has caused heated debate over a long period of time because it affects everybody in his/her daily lives....

This is good, but shows complexity.

Let me give a try:
It is undeniable that family structures are a highly debatable point for long periods of time because it affects everybody in his/her daily lives. While there is an element of doubt as to whether social interaction has utterly changed the conceptual framework of the family members, I totally agree the extended family is less important now than in the past due largely to some reasons.

Home / Writing Feedback / The extended family is less important now; 'urban life / communication tools'