To what extent do you agree or disagree?---modern & traditional building

cathyliu 19 / 54  
Modern buildings are appearing in large numbers, and some people believe that we should build our buildings in traditional styles. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

20:44
In present society, one of the most significant problems accompanying with the population exploration is house problem, so more and more sky-scrapers instead of traditional buildings are built. As far as this phenomenon is concerned, some people think that we should construct much more buildings in traditional styles.

Admittedly, there are some reasons for those people who stand for constructing building in traditional way. First of all, the traditional buildings may possess more aesthetic values and historical meanings. Compared with the modern ones, the traditional buildings contain paintings or characters relating to the past certain age or dynasties; which endow more value to the buildings. Secondly, the traditional buildings often provide more spaces to house owners or renters; thereby making the living condition much easier and more comfortable.

However, I do not think we should build our building mainly in traditional way. Firstly, it is decided by the present social phenomenon that the number of population living in the planet nowadays has never appeared even before. Correspondingly, we have to build most our living houses in a way that never come before. Besides that, constructing our building in a modern way is also an integral part of sustaining ecosystem. Try to imagine that if we all build our house in traditional way, take china for example, which traditional buildings are usually one or two layers, how can it accommodate the present 1.3 billion population?

In conclusion, I think that we could build a few numbers of buildings in traditional style which in order to hand down the traditional culture. But based on the social condition, most of our buildings should still construct in modern way.

Words: 275.
21: 25
walaa 3 / 10  
population exploration

I would say : population's explosion

house problem

habitat's problem

the number of population living in the planet nowadays has never appeared even before

I would say: Nowadays, the population of the world increases

take china for example, which traditional buildings are usually one or two layers

It is better to say: For example, in China where traditional buildings are usually one or two floors
OP cathyliu 19 / 54  
I am sure the phrase "population explosion" is correct. But I am not sure the another one--- "house problem" or "habitat's problem", so I check up it on the internet. The correct expression, or I should say the common expression should be "housing problem".

The current population size living on earth is unprecedented.
or The current population size living on earth are much more than ever before.

Firstly, it is decided by the present social phenomenon. Nowadays, the population of the world has increased extreme rapidly.

Take ...for example, ==For example/For instance , so, I think all of them are feasible and viable.

But there is indeed a error happening.
Take china for example, which traditional buildings are usually one or two storeys/stories/floors, how can it accommodate the present 1.3 billion population by the past house structure which only need to provide accommodation for half of the current population?

I will go on check it tommorrow. Thank you. Walaa Ahmed
I would say : population's explosion

Yes!! Explosion is the word people use for this.

In present society, one of the most significant problems accompanying with the population exploration is the housing problem, so ...
...should construct much more buildings in traditional styles. (now add a sentence that tells what you think and why. Then, end paragraph 1)

Admittedly, there are some reasons for those people who stand for constructing buildings in the traditional way. First of all, the traditional buildings...

However, I do not think we should build our buildings mainly in the traditional way. Firstly, it is decided by the present ...

Correspondingly Consequently, we have to build most our living houses in a way that never has been used before. Besides that, constructing our buildings in a modern way is ...

...most of our buildings should still be constructed in a modern way.

Good argument!!!!!!!!!!!
OP cathyliu 19 / 54  
Thank you Kevin, your encouragement always gives me enormous motivation.

accompanying with

should it be "---accompanying the population exploration" or "----accompanying with the population exploration"? or just "with the population exploration"?

This is one point I am still a little confusion. In my E-dictionary, there is an example as follows:
The Governor was accompanied to the palace by a militrary escort.
accompany = "go with"
so do this:
accompanying the population exploration explosion...

:-)

The Governor was accompanied to the palace by a militrary military escort.
yes! and it could be written simply like this:
The Governor was accompanied by a military escort.

The military escort was accompanying him.

Home / Writing Feedback / To what extent do you agree or disagree?---modern & traditional building