Face to face communication will become a thing of the past. Opinion essay.

Jimmy879873 26 / 55 13  
With an increasing population communicating via the internet and text messaging, face to face communication will become a thing of the past. To what extent do you agree?

Will direct communication soon become obsolete?

There is an ongoing trend that more and more people connect with one another through the online media such as text messaging rather than the actual facial communication. Which leads to some believe that the method of face to face talking would soon be substituted. In this essay, I completely disagree with the statement and will elaborate my reasons as follows.

On primary reason to facial communication is still important is that facial expression helps convey its message more effectively. Many public speakers including politicians insist to give speeches in public. They understand that face to face interaction with the audience is the most efficient way to persuade people's beliefs. Texting or videoing would lose the elements of authenticity and integrity since it could be set up beforehand. Therefore, physical interaction is crucial to many people.

Furthermore, many serious business meetings are required physical attendance in order to avoid any ambiguity. Since signing an agreement during its conference needs the absolute accuracy, online chatting or messaging would be unacceptable. This is imperative because a contract is a part of the company capitals. When the agreement goes wrong, one company might face negative consequences.

Finally, A number of applications support face to face communication. Take Facetime for instance, its software that designed for people to see others' faces during its phoning. With these innovations, people are still using the technique of facial communication.

To recapitulate, face to face interaction is still widely used as it helps the skills of storytelling to be credible. Even in the business world, the facial communication aids to reduce errors. Moreover, the technology has also adopted its way of physical communication for commercial use.

Frankly, it is hard to maintain the word count that under 250 with 5 paragraphs minimum when it comes to opinion essay. As a result, I tend to cut down the number of sentences whenever is applicable, is it good or bad? I spent 30 minutes to draft and about 5 to 10 minutes to revise it depending on the remaining time that I gave myself after the task one. It would be greatly appreciated if you can score my essay and advise me if there is any room for improvement.
zhayendzuji 2 / 11 4  
Jim, you do not start your sentence with which. You can incorporate that in the previous sentence or start with This leads to some believefs..

One primary reason why facial...
...to persuade people's belief
...business meetings are required
Finally, Aa...
for instance, a software that's designed...other's during conversation
helps the skills of storytelling to be credible = enhances credibility through storytelling
There is an ongoing trend that more and more people connect...

Your opinion is very sensible, I totally agree with you. Maybe you can keep short sentences so you can express your thought clearly since word count is limited.
SG, writing only 2 sentences per paragraph is unacceptable. You know that you can fail the essay because you do not meet the minimum sentence requirements so why are you even asking me if that is good or bad? The reason you find it hard to complete 3 sentences is simple. You are trying to say too much all at once. That is why you are being asked to outline your discussion before you start writing. When you outline your paragraphs you end up with at least 3 sentences that represent the following:

Sentence 1 : Topic Sentence
Sentence 2: Reasoning Sentence
Sentence 3: Example sentence

Using the simple template above, you can see that you are the one finding reasons to make it hard for you to complete 3 sentences per paragraph. It is very simple if you force yourself to stick to the formula. One topic sentence, one developed explanation with example. Nothing more, nothing less and you come up with the minimum paragraph requirements.

Do not use the term "facial communication". The term "facial" indicates skin treatments, not communication styles. You will lose LR points for using the wrong term to discuss the topic. The proper descriptive words to use would have been physical, actual, face to face, real time, and reality to name but a few of the more appropriate words to have used in this essay.
LadyOfClockwork 30 / 102  
@Jimmy879873
Hi. I'd like to paraphrase part of the prompt for you:

With an increasing ... text messaging
=>As a growing size of population adopts the internet and text messaging as communication tools...
OP Jimmy879873 26 / 55 13  
@Holt, I will stick with the method that you provided, and thanks for the clarification on the word usage!

Home / Writing Feedback / Face to face communication will become a thing of the past. Opinion essay.