what other factors should be considered to meause the success of a nation?

HELLOROSE 1 / 1  
Economic progress is one way to measure the success of one country, while some people think there are other factors. What other factors should be considered? Within these factors, do you think anyone is more important than the others

It is universally acknowledged that the development of economy is a determinant of a country's success. Nevertheless, some others argue that there are many other factors to determine whether a nation is successful or not. In my opinion, education, technology and the quality of life are essential factors that also exert profound influence on the success.

First and foremost, convincing arguments can be made that education is the foundation for the development of nations. Many social issues nowadays, taking high crime rate mostly caused by lack of education as an example, may disturb social stability and therefore in turn jeopardizes countries' enhancement. Thus, if there are important problems in a country's education system, it should be well aware that it is contributing to the country's problems.

Another factor which can be utilized to determine a country's success is technology. In this day and age, the nature of competition among countries is the advancement of technology. Advanced technology can benefit a country in various aspects, such as increasing work efficiency, decreasing production costs and conserving the environment. This is one of the reasons why America, which has the most advanced technology in the world, is the leading nation all over the world.

Furthermore, no one can deny the fact that the quality of life plays a pivotal role in measuring a country's success. As a proverb goes, 'heath is better wealth'. Even though some countries (ie. Japan) have a well-developed economy, their citizens lead a stressful life which may engender a great deal of problems. For instance, alcoholism and substances abuse have become epidemic in some nations. Therefore, only the citizens who enjoy a high standard of living can contribute themselves to the development of the country.

Having considered all the arguments above, it is obvious that economic development is only one contributor of a country's success. Education, technology and the quality of life also contribute to the success and they are equally important. As a consequence, only by improving in an all-round way can each county become successful.
oldapachee 3 / 2  
Dear HELLOROSE,
I am not an expert but I believe that your essay is very good.
Just use a comma after technology in: ..., technology and the quality...

Best,
Reza
OP HELLOROSE 1 / 1  
thank you
Many social issues nowadays, taking high crime rates mostly caused by lack of education as an example, may disturb social stability and therefore in turn jeopardizesa countries' enhancement.

... have a well-developed economy, their citizens lead a stressful lives, which may engender a great deal of problems.

Education, technology and the quality of life also contribute to the success, and they are equally important.

:)

Home / Writing Feedback / what other factors should be considered to meause the success of a nation?