IELTS-what factors determine one's value to the society? is it wages?

wjxjj123 4 / 8  
Some believe that one's value to the society hinges on his or her wages. I agree with the speaker, insofar, as at least, how much a boss willing to pay means how valuable the employee is to his/her business. However, employee's value to a company can not simply be comprehended in the same way as their value to the society as whole.

One of the reasons for my belief is that a high pay does not necessarily generate a positive value to the community. For example, people who doing the business of illegal drug trafficking or prostitution, earns, in all likelihood, more than an average person, considering the risk taken. But can we say that they are more valuable than most of us? I doubt it. Then that is where the question of what are the guages to one's value to the community comes in to play, contribution is a decisive factor, which could be both tangible and intangible in nature. For instance, donation can be expected as one of the intangible venues of contributing to the society. In this case, people's value would be measured by the mount of money he/she gives to the charity.

Another reason for my belief is that although an invaluable individual's contribution could be calculated mathematically, there are some of the intangible ways of committing oneself to the community that can not be ruled out. Parenting is an excellent one. Its is intangible with no dollar amount pegged, but having a tangible effects on modeling the next generation, which would otherwise be devastating to the harmonies of the society, if they had been left unconstrained.

In conclusion, it would be far too narrowed, if we view one's value based on his/her paycheck. It is the contribution made by us that determines what is our intrinsic value to the community.

it would be mostly helpful, if someone could help me to amend my essay, thanks.
marucat 3 / 9  
how much a boss is willing to pay means how valuable the employee is to his/her business

One of the reasons for my belief is that a high pay does not necessarily (always? ) generate a positive value to the community

For example, people who doingengage in the business of illegal drug trafficking or prostitution, earns , in all likelihood, more than an average person, considering the risk taken.

Parenting is an excellent one. Its is intangible with no dollar amount pegged . How about which is countless .

it would be far too narrowed, if we view one's value based on his/her paycheck. It is instead the contribution made by us that determines what is our intrinsic value to the community.
isqun1 1 / 6  
One of the reasons for my belief is that a high pay does not necessarily generate a positive value to the community. For example, people who CARRY OUT illegal BUSINESS SUCH AS drug trafficking or prostitution earns more than an average person, considering the risk taken. But can we ONE say that they are more valuable than most of us? OTHER PEOPLE? I doubt it. Then thatis where the question of what are the guages to measure one's value to the community.? comes in to play, Contribution is a decisive factor. Which could be both tangible and intangible in nature. For instance, donation can be expected as one of the intangible venues of contributing to the society. In this case, people's value would be measured by the mount of money he/she gives given to the charity.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS-what factors determine one's value to the society? is it wages?