Writing task 2 - factors impact on the editors' decision what to broadcast

Hammy 13 / 35  

editors and their news

The topic: News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers. What factors do you think influence these decisions? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

Nowadays, media as televisions and newspapers is an important part of people's life and the news we get depends on the content news editors put on. Besides, there are so many factors impact on the editors.

Firstly, political pressure is a main part that is always appeared in every country in the world. The political system of a country does not allow the newspaper companies to post or print any information as obstacles to them, neither do television stations. Especially, in country controlled by only one party as China, news editors never tread on delicate ground as border conflicts with contiguous countries in a negative way, even the faults belong to China. Then, the citizens are always covered by news about development of their country instead.

Secondly, editors can gain huge profits from putting advertisements in the paper or broadcast in the television. The companies know about popularity of media and make corrupt use of media to spread their products. For example, an antirust paint company spend an amount of money for news editors to put the advertisement on the head of paper to attract readers. Therefore, everyone will see and look into the company if they have demand.

In my opinion, if we just read and watched bad news as gang rapes in India, disasters in Japan,..., we would lose belief in life instead of getting used. If we only saw good news as no more hungers, no more poverty,..., it would not mean that there is no terrible offence in reality.

In conclusion, there are many factors affecting to news editors but they should know how to balance and news should show facts even bad or good.

Thanks for reading!!!
Maria - / 1,098 389  
Your first paragraph is quite confusing because of its structure. I suggest revising it. Make sure that your articulation is straightforward.
For instance, I would instead write the first sentence as:
Media is pivotal in shaping people's lives because of the content it holds.

Watch out for your verb usage.Remember that consistency is the key when writing. If you start your essay using present tense, avoid switching to a different form. This will ruin the format of your essay. Let's take your second paragraph's first sentence as an example. You switched from using present tense (that is always) to past tense(always appeared in).

In addition, I also suggest looking out for your punctuation usage. In the third sentence of the second paragraph, there should not have been a comma between especiallyand inbecause the context you were referring to was China's situation.

I would suggest merging your last and second to the last paragraph. Incorporate your opinion into the overarching conclusion of the essay. This will strengthen the ending to have more of a structural approach to the essay itself.
OP Hammy 13 / 35  
actually, i think you have misconception with my tense i used in the essay. i only use the present tense and the example you gave is passive voice

i wrote '' ...that is always appeared...''
anyway, thanks for your suggestions.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 2 - factors impact on the editors' decision what to broadcast