Fast food is becoming cheaper and more widely available. Do advantages outweigh disadvantages?

grassil 1 / -  

affordable but unhealthy foods

It is thought by some that fast food is becoming cheaper and more widely available. While I accept that this development may bring about some benefits, I believe that they are more likely to have a harmful impact.

One of the big advantages of processed food is suitable all most of all ages with the price to suit every pocket. Firstly, to low-income people, fast food becoming cheaper is a good sign, it is obvious that when fast food is cheaper, apart from having more options for meals, the impoverished citizens can also save a small amount of money. Secondly, another major plus point of fast food is truly comfortable for busy people such as workers, officers, the labour workforce, so on. This means that they only have a short lunch break so they do not have enough time to prepare and cook their meals, not only fast food can also meet their requirements but also it is fast, tasty, inexpensive, and does not make them skip a meal.

While processed food could bring many different sorts of benefits, it may also cause problems. The main disadvantage of fast food is the health of people. In fact, the number of people who are obese is gradually increasing. Because the fat content within fast food is too much, they can also get more diseases. More seriously, the percentage of rubbish every year is higher. Obviously, fast food is wrapped in a plastic bag, so when people eat fast food then the plastic bag will discharge to the environment. Every day passes, that surely make polluted natural environment. Especially, Vietnam, where the meal is considered a traditional meal. The member of a family can share something in this meal to understanding each other better, so fast food is not a good opportunity for people.

In conclusion, it seems to me that the potential dangers of processed food are more significant than the possible benefits.
I believe that they are more likely to have a harmful impact.

- You need to be clear use synonyms for the "advantages outweigh the disadvantages" question in the original prompt. Your response does not correspond to the expected response format. Your response / opinion is therefore not clear and is counter to the discussion instructions you were provided. It is not a comparative essay. It is a single opinion essay that will weigh heavily on the defense of one of the 2 discussion options provided. The response you have written does not follow the required format.

Due to the lack of clarity in your opinion and direct response to the question, it appears that your overall presentation is not aligned with the requirements of the prompt. You have not written a prompt applicable response essay in this case.
Farfarisca 1 / 3  
@grassil
Hello there,
I think you have more than one "disadvantage", then why you just you "disadvantages" or "drawbacks"? Stay health!
juliachung 3 / 10  
Hi @grassil, I think you have misunderstood the main point of the question. It is to prove which side outweighs the other, not to list both sides and give your opinion. However, here is my advice to your essay.

"...THAT FAST FOOD IS BECOMING CHEAPER AND MORE WIDELY AVAILABLE"
I believe this phrase should be paraphrased in order to receive a higher score. You may find synonyms for the word "cheaper" and "available" or you can change the structure of the sentence ;)

Then, for the rest of the essay, you can double check your grammar since there are several mistakes along the work.

Good luck Grassil! Stay safe!

Home / Writing Feedback / Fast food is becoming cheaper and more widely available. Do advantages outweigh disadvantages?