IELTS Task 1 - fast food graph and chart

smeak 1 / -  
The chart shows how much money people spend on fast food per week depending on their income, whereas the graph says how the consumption of fast food changed in the years 1970-1990.

The first thing we can see is that people with high household income eat more expensively than ones with worse salary. It's mainly showed in expenditure on hamburgers - people with high income spend 40 pences per week for hamburgers, where these with low income spend only 15. Fish and chips are being bought mostly by people with average salaries - they spend 25 pences per week on it. Pizza is most popular in high income houses - they spend 20 pences per week on pizza, when people with low income spend fewer than 10 pences on it.

The graph shows that the consumption of pizza systematically increases with time despite the fact it was the least eaten fast food in 1970 - people were eating only 50 grammes of pizza per week on average. Fish and chips were losing their popularity in years 1970-1985, but after 1985 they started to gain it. Hamburgers are constantly getting more popular, in year 1980 people were eating twice as much hamburgers compared to pizza and fish and chips.

MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
The chart shows how much money people spendspent on fast food per week depending on their income

says

illustrates

The first thing we can see is that people with high household income eat more expensively than ones with worse salary

You should adopt a less personal tone for this report. Also, as Dumi suggested above, there should be an overview after the introduction to state the main trends of the charts. This is my example:

Overall, hamburgers were the most popular among high and average income groups while the low income group tended to spend the most on fish and chips. Likewise, there is an increase in the consumption of pizza and hamburgers, as opposed to that of fish and chips.

It's mainly showed in expenditure on hamburgers - people with high income spend 40 pences per week for hamburgers

Try to avoid redundant words in your sentences.

wherewhile these with low income spend only 15

Fish and chips were losing lost their popularity in years 1970-1985

they started to gain it rise slightly

Hamburgers are constantly getting more popular

Past tense should be used here.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1 - fast food graph and chart