"A father's influence in his daughter's life: ; Every Girl Needs Her Dad

Rylee23 1 / 1  
I NEED REVISING/EDITING HELP!!!
Write an essay on who is my "Atticus".
We just read To Kill a Mocking Bird so this is one of our assignments!

Every Girl Needs Her Dad
"A father's influence in his daughter's life shapes her self-esteem, self-image, confidence and opinions of men." (Elizabeth Weiss McGolerick) Many women who grow up without a father figure, are needy for a mans love. They may dive into relationships, or are never able to commit because they are afraid all men will abandon her like her dad may have. So, the bond between a daughter and her dad, is irreplaceable. I, was blessed to have an amazing dad who is a great example! My dad, is my supporter, protector, and my teacher!

Throughout all of my life's bumps, obstacles, and mountains, my dad, has been my supporter. He is always cheering me on no matter what happens. For example, in 5th grade, I decided to play volleyball. I was on the worst team, and was the worst on my team. Although I was awful, my dad was always at my games cheering me on and supporting me no matter how bad I was. In the same way, when I was recently struggling with stress, anger, pain, having problems with my friends, and I wasn't my self, my dad noticed. One night, my dad pulled me aside and asked me "Rylee, what is going on inside of your heart?" That night I spilled everything that was built up inside me. He just sat there and listened. He didn't say anything until I was finished. When I did, he took all of my problems apart piece by piece until we found my true heart problem that led up to everything else. "I think that the best thing we can do for our children is to allow them to do things for themselves, allow them to be strong, allow them to experience life on their own terms, allow them to take the subway... let them be better people, let them believe more in themselves." (C. JoyBell C.) This, is exactly what my dad believes. He lets me make my own decisions even if he knows I am going to fail. He always says, "It'a better to learn under my roof, then on your own." Frequently, I fail, but my dad, is always there to support me.

At the same time, my dad is my protector. He would never let anything happen to me. For example, just a couple weeks ago I was called names. My dad, contacted his parents and wasn't happy at all. He was very worked up because someone had hurt his daughter. I really had never seen him so protective before. It was very sweet! However, he doesn't just protect me physically, but emotionally as well. My dad, saves me from most heartache and hurt. When I am in a bad situation or headed into a bad situation, he warns me and tries to help me through it. I may not listen or care, but when I do I am very grateful he is there to protect me. As I grow up, I need my dad's protection even more then I did when I was younger! At this point in my life, I am growing and trying to find out who I am. My heart needs guiding, and I need redirecting and protecting!

Last but not least, my dad is my teacher! As long as I've lived, I have learned so much from him! First, I have learned to never give up no matter how tough the situation seems! About nine years ago, my mom and dad got into a huge fight and ended up separating for about 11 months. During this time, he never gave up on my mom. He worked hard to keep our family together. I do not remember my dad ever missing a weekend with us. No matter what, he kept our family together. As of now, my dad and mom have been married for 17 years. Their marriage, is stronger then it has ever been before! Also, my dad has been teaching me about God's love ever since I was born. My dad, doesn't know what God had planned for me, but he never stops teaching me about God! As I have grown up, he has taught me to be different! To do everything for the glory of God, not for my glory! Last, my dad has taught me to be the women of God I was meant to be! My dad, has taught me so many valuable traits!

I was blessed with a supporter, protecter, and teacher who all happens to be my amazing dad! All girls, need a dad who will protect them and love them like mine. Research proves, that dads, provide "unique traits to their daughters through their active and positive presence from the time of birth through adulthood." (First Things First) The bond between dads and daughters, is special, and unexplainable! I am so thankful for my dad.
OP Rylee23 1 / 1  
** It is in paragraphs but I couldn't get it to indent!
Many women who grow up without a father figure, are needy for a mans love

Many women who grow up without a farther figure around them. feel the need for a man's love more.

They may dive into relationships, or are never able to commit because they are afraid all men will abandon herthem like her dad may have.

... the corresponding word for they is them.
she - her / he- is/ we- us/ they - them

Throughout all of my life's bumps, obstacles, and mountains, my dad, has been my supporter.

Throughout my life, my father has been my inspiration and the ardent supporter, be there are bumps, obstacles or mountains.

Home / Writing Feedback / "A father's influence in his daughter's life: ; Every Girl Needs Her Dad