Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Should fatherhood be valued equally as motherhood?

aleafsun 9 / 19  
Hey, everybody,
I want to say thanks once more here to each of you who ever leave some ideas about my essay!
*********************************************************
Prompts: "Fatherhood ought to be emphasised as much as motherhood. The idea taht women are solely responsible for deeciding whether or not to have babies leads on to the idea that they are also responsible for bringing the children up." To what extent do you agree or disagree (at least 250 words)

Undoubtedly, it is women who bear weight for 280 days and give birth to a baby; it is women who nurse her baby every 2 hour in the middle of a night. However, for children to have better role models, value judgment and sense of security, I contend that both of the genders, men and women, in a family should be valued equally.

First of all, from a perspective of role-model, by virtue of that men and women are miles apart physically and mentally, fathers are irreplaceable in people's childhood. Little boys learn how to become a man from imitating their fathers' behavior, while little girls, by observing the interaction between their parents, they know how to be treated appropriately. Secondly, as for value judgment which is shaped by ones parents, both side of the parents need to take the responsibility of that. For example, what will a child's personality turn out when his mother tell him not to steal while his father misappropriate stationery from office everyday? Last but not least, joys of childhood ultimately rest on a sense of security, consequently, mothers and fathers need to make efforts on it. Hundreds of journal articles reveal that interaction between parents influence the development of feeling of security. Furthermore, scholars also assert that passionate feedbacks from male parent who may be too busy to pay attention to his offspring's need also benefit the development of the feeling of safety.

To sum up, it is always a reason that there should be parents, namely a man and a woman, in a family. To provide better role models, value judgment and sense of security, I treasure both men and women in their parenthood.

Home / Writing Feedback / Should fatherhood be valued equally as motherhood?