Your favorite movie (in IMAX Theater)

Yulka 1 / 3  
Topic of essay is your favorite movie. This is my first essay, and I need somebody who can give me a feedback about it. I am waiting for the answer.

Your favorite movie

My passion has often been watching action movies that is among my favorite pastime activities. Especially, I love watching action movies in the IMAX movie theaters, and I will explain to you why it is so important for me.

My family and I love to look at the action movies especially in IMAX Theater where we can watch them in 3D affects, on huge screen and with remarkable acoustic system that it makes action movies unforgettable and impressive.

3D film is a system of presenting film images so that they appear to the viewer to be three dimensional visitors usually borrow or keep special glasses to wear while watching the film. The whole idea of 3D effect is amassing because it makes you feel like you are the part of an action; accordingly, you can better understand me if you look at the action movies like Harry Potter, UP, G - Force and etc., and you feel yourself like an actor who participates in the film.

In addition, IMAX is a system using film with more than 10 times the frame size of a 35 mm film to produce image quality far superior to conventional film. IMAX theaters use an oversized screen as well as special projects. This huge screen makes the whole action even more exiting and interesting, and you can see everything in details; for example, Transformers (2007) and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Spiderman and Under the Sea all appear more vivid on the bigger screen.

Besides, IMAX sound system features a multiple - channel sound system that surrounds the audience. The acoustic system with sound surround effect in modern movie theaters is very high quality, you feel like the action is going on right by you, and you are in the middle of that. Jurassic park, J. I. Joe, Ice age, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, Night at the museum and etc. can affirm my conclusion.

Therefore, watching movies has always been a special way of relaxation, escaping from reality and everyday problems; accordingly, I would suggest watching action movies in the IMAX theaters for everyone to make it more exciting and fun.

Simone, I have some questions to you is this essay about My favorite movie or It looks like i am writing about the IMAX Cinema? Have i disclosed the main idea of the topic - what is my favorite movie? i am relly interesting in your answer.

Yuliya
niraj /  
there is mistake in your first line that does not make sense
for it is my pastime activities you can write
as it is my favourite activity.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
You can say that is among your favorite pastimes. That is perfectly acceptable.

I'm assuming that you're writing this as an exercise in English proficiency, so I will analyze it at that level rather than worrying about higher-level style considerations.

"I explain you" should be "I will explain to you" but should be struck anyway as it is not necessary to say what you are doing in an essay so simple. Similarly:for example, I am telling you about Transformers (2007) and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Spiderman, and Under the Sea and etc.all appear more vivid on the bigger screen.

Watch out for your verb tenses. In the paragraph where you talk about IMAX film, you start in the present tense, which is correct as this is something IMAX still does, but switch to the past tense, which is incorrect in this instance.
OP Yulka 1 / 3  
Hello Niraj!
thank you very much for your help and your adjusting. I am very glad that you 've read my essay, and you've made some changes.

Sincerely,
Yuliya
OP Yulka 1 / 3  
Hello Simone!
Thank you very much for your feedback. You gave me useful advices about my essay, and you did helpful grammatical corrections.
I am a bit shy that you wrote so many good words, and you payed the compliment to my writing. I appreciate it veery much. It supports me, and I improve my writing skills more and more.

with best regards,
Yuliya
My favorite movie or It looks like i am writing about the IMAX Cinema

This is clearly an essay about why you like IMAX. If you need to write on your favorite movie, why not write about one of the ones that you saw in IMAX. Then, you could praise IMAX in passing while still staying on topic.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  

I'm very glad to know this.

is among my favorite pastime activities.

"Pastime" is a noun, not an adjective. It means an activity done to pass the time. So, you must say "among my favorite pastimes."
OP Yulka 1 / 3  
hello Sean!
Thank you a lot for your message. I understand right now that i need to change the name of the topic or take one film that i saw in IMAX and praise the IMAX theater in passing the topic.

I appreciate your help))))))

Simone!

thank you very much. I really like your site, and all this info. is very helpful for me

sincerely,
Yuliya

Home / Writing Feedback / Your favorite movie (in IMAX Theater)