My favorite room is my study because it keeps my memories alive!

Nora_Toxic 1 / 4 2  
My favorite room is my study. I like it not only for the reason that it is well decorated, but also it's the one that has witnessed my colorful childhood and shaped my personality.

i can only think of one word to describe my study, NEAT, from its layout to adornment. it has only three colors, white, black and light yellow. There is a big French window, decorated by a few pots of flowers, anthurium, guzmania, jasmine, which is my favorite, and of course, it's my responsibility to take care of them. My desk is positioned in front of the window facing to the door. Every time i sit there reading a book, feeling the warm provided by the sunshine through the window, it's like the whole world is fulfilled with blooming roses and everything is completed. There's also a tall bookstore besides the wall. When i was a child, only the lowest one line is for me, since i have only few books, well the rest of it is used by my parents. But now about half of it belongs to me! There is also a white piano near the door, next to which stands a slender vase. I started to learn piano when i was 5 years old, and i still play it now in my spare time. I just love it. On the wall, there are only a piece of Calligraphy.

it recorded the moment i got my first story book as a little gift from my parents. But to me, it's more than just a book. Before that, my parents often read me books before i went to sleep. After that, i can read it by myself. i just feeled kind of sense of accomplishment that i can learn what i'm interested in on my own! I was so excited! I'm a quick-minded girl, i think, who likes science really much, and now majoring in MSE (Material Science & Engineering). When i was in primary school, my teacher has already find out my gift in math and advised me to work hard in order to get a good grade in mathematics competition. We all know that, practice makes perfect. In order to get a medal, i practiced a lot, i had to do lots of extra exercises every evening and weekends after my homework is finished. At that time i often run into some difficult problems that i have to spend whole morning trying to find a proper method to solve it. Sometimes it can be really boring and hard for me to persist. Then i would take a little break, play a melody.

Why i say my study shaped my personality? I have spent about one third of my time in the study, i love it. There, i know more about the world, acquire more knowledge, of both academic and human nature. Watering the flowers makes me a responsible person, practicing the piano helps me to develop hobbies like listening to music and help me to calm down when i have negative feelings. Playing that gives me a sense of music. Still, the neat layout and decoration shaped me a neat person, or i may feel i'm not part of it.

Sometimes i don't know for which part i like it. I even wonder do i like it because the perfect of itself, or i just like what i did in that room. Anyway, i like it!

[Thank you for your reading through it ^o^ ]
[My English is not really good especially writing part, so i welcome anyone to give me any suggestions about this essay or about the way i develop it (vocabularies, sentence structures ... ). Maybe there are a few mistakes, i'll be rrrrrrealy appreciated if you help me to find it out and correct it. You know, your suggestions can help me make a lot progress. Anyway, thank you~~~]
Hi
I understand you are new to the forum and therefore I thought stressing on a small admin function - You should select the most appropriate forum category when you open a new thread. This one should have been posted to Writing Feedback category (It has been posted to Student Talk and I moved it to the right forum)

I like it not only for the reason that it is well decorated, but also it's the one that has witnessed my colorful childhood and shaped my personality.

It stands out among all other places in my heart, not only because its beautiful ambiance, but also because of it keeps the memories of my colorful childhood alive.
itIt recorded the moment i got my first story book as a little gift from my parents.

... how can a room record a moment? I feel you need to put it differently;
It still keeps my first story book that I got from my parents when I was a little girl.

But to me, it's more than just a book.

To me, this book is very special,

Before that, my parents often read me books before i went to sleep.

I remember that either my mom or dad used to read this story book to me every night before I went to sleep.

After that, i can read it by myself.

As I grew, I learned to read it myself
OP Nora_Toxic 1 / 4 2  
Thank you for your suggestions!
OP Nora_Toxic 1 / 4 2  
how can a room record a moment? I feel you need to put it differently;

i'd like to say that the room is the one that witnessed my growth from a little kid. Those happy moments were happend in that room. i don't know how to express it.

After that, i can read it by myself.
As I grew, I learned to read it myself

and here i wanna say : when i was a little kid, my mum or dad used to tell me stories [ the book they used was difficult for me to read ] as I grew older, they bought me a new book that i could read by myself.

So any suggestions?

Okkkkkk.... how about saying it like this;
This little room has watched me growing up from a little kid to who I am today. It is the only thing in this world that knows me perfect because it was the place where I comfortably let my true feelings and emotions out.

I still remember the joyous moments spent with my mom and dad in nights listening to their bedtime stories. I couldn't read those story books and they used to read them for me.
OP Nora_Toxic 1 / 4 2  
I like it! thanks!

Home / Writing Feedback / My favorite room is my study because it keeps my memories alive!