I am in favour of an overseas university degree rather than in home country school

any577 1 / -  
Essay about Cambridge guide to Ielts Test 6 Task 2 - deeply appreciated your help

Q: In the past, when students did a university degree, they tended to study in their own country.

Nowadays, they have more opportunity to study abroad.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this development?

You should use your own ideas, knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and relevant evidence.

A:

Globalization has given people more opportunity to explore other countries. A few decades ago, university students were more likely opt for a higher degree by attending a college in their home country. However, the previous trend has opened the door for those who would like to finished a university degree in a foreign country. Both advantages and disadvantages will be discussed in the following paragraph before reached a conclusion.

On the one hand, some people may find loneliness and lack of supporting from their family and friends in order to the long distance while they try to settle down in a completely new environment with numerous complexity processes and relevant documents. Furthermore, moving abroad to study might occur stressfulness and cultural shock on some students due to the unfamiliar situation, table manners, eating habits and local languages. For instance, a foreign student might not know how to operate a washing machine to do his or her laundry. Even a good English speaker, they might find it difficult to communicate or sharing their emotion with local people as they are using colloquialism, slang and having different way of expressing themselves.

On the other hand, college students who learn in oversea has more opportunity to broaden their horizons since international university gives more experiences for them. Different teaching methods and atmosphere in the class could increase their international view and critical thinking. Moreover, it is a great opportunity to build their independence and problem-solving skill when confronting a tough problem or emergency case during their stay in other country. For example, if a foreign student's passport has been stolen, he or she would have to think quickly on how to use local resources to stop the bad consequence, that is the time to trigger their thinking and develop their ability of problem-solving.

In conclusion, in my opinion, I am in favour of complete an overseas university degree rather than in home country for the reason that the modern society will need people with a variety skills and critical thinking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone who can give me the suggestion or correct my grammar mistakes is deeply appreciated.
Fitri12 28 / 53 6  
Hi Ani... It's my pleasure to share about writing with you. I my self is not a good writer, but sharing is always fine, right?

Your writing is good enough, only slightly mistakes in here and there, as follows:

- In the past, when students did a university degree, they tended ... (maybe you mean: In the past, when students were required to achieve bachelor or master degree)

- ... opened the door for those who would like to finished ( instead of using to finish, it is better to write: for those who want to acquire)

- ... will be discussed in the following paragraph before reached (it should be Verb 1 + ING after preposition, for instance, "before arriving home...", "after having lunch", "in using equipment", etc.)

Thank you, feel free to give comment to my writing as well.

Home / Writing Feedback / I am in favour of an overseas university degree rather than in home country school