"No more fears and doubts" - Experience/s that define you as a person

gsvr27 1 / 1  
I need your insights on my essay.
I still sense that my essay needs something more, esp the ending part.
Constructive criticisms are always welcome.

"Trials are not reasons to give up, but a challenge to improve oneself. They are not excuses to back out, but inspirations to move forward." This is a simple quote that struck me. Some of us may occasionally ask the question, "Why are there always trials in our way? Why are there obstacles waiting for us every day?" But a wise man will answer those questions with a simple "Why not?" All the trials we experience in our everyday life are there for a reason, a reason we something overlook, and that is to help us define ourselves as a person. Without trials, we will not be challenge. Without challenges, we will not gain experience. And without experience, we will not grow to the person we are now.

Everyone has experiences of their own that helped to define them as a person, even myself. Back then, I was the silent, timid type who thinks too much on what others will think about me, rendering my actions and freedom limited. I would always think, "Should I do this? What if they laugh? What if they can't understand?" Life for me back then was full of limits & restrictions and full of "What if..." But as time surges forward, I reflect on my past experiences and ask myself, "Are these 'What if...'s worth it? Have I wasted precious time asking myself 'What if...' and thinking too much on how people see me?" And it soon struck me. These qualms are rendering me from conquering the trails that I face. These fears are keeping me from seeing and knowing who I really am. These doubts are my trials. If I live in a world of doubts, I simply won't see the great things in life in line for me.

And from that point on, I started to change for the better. No more fears. No more doubts. Whatever happens; happens for a reason. Life is too short to ask too many questions and hinder yourself from being who you really are. So find yourself, know yourself, and never stop being yourself.
freddylee 1 / 1  
Nice essay! I could really relate haha
But I feel like some phrases are a little...cliche? For example, "life is too short..." or "change for the better..."

and did you mean "challenged" in line 4?
Overall, I really liked this essay!
celu 8 / 20  
Trials are not reasons to give up, but a challenge to improve oneself. They are not excuses to back out, but inspirations to move forward." This is a simple quote that struck me. Some of us may occasionally ask the question: "Why are therethere are always trials in our way? Why are therethere are olf.
linh202 11 / 23  
And from that point on, I started to change for the betterbetterment .

Your essay is extremely impressive. I really like it. I have learned lots of useful experience from yours
OP gsvr27 1 / 1  
Thank you for your comments.
It really helped me. :)

Home / Writing Feedback / "No more fears and doubts" - Experience/s that define you as a person