IELTS Task1: The figure shows demographic trends in Scotland

rannie604 1 / -  
The line figure illustrates three kinds of demographic trends (birth rate,population growth rate and death rate) in Scotland over 80 years from 1940 to 2020.

Overall,the birth rate and the population growth rate declined over the period given,while the death rate rose.At the beginning of the period,the birth rate was the highest rate,which was replaced by the death rate in 1997.

The birth rate and the population growth rate began at around 2.5% and almost 1.0% respectively.Both rates declined until the middle of 1940 and then increased gradually.By contrast,the death rate dropped significantly from nearly 1.5% to just under 0.5% between 1940 and 1950.

After1950,the birth rate decreased steadily to approximately 0.5% in 2020,while the figure for the death rate went up slightly to above 0.5% in the same year.The population growth rate finally fell to 0% after reaching a peak at around 1.5% in the middle of 1950.

ADIE08 29 / 32 1  
Overall,the birth rate and the population growth ...

I will try the other overview.

The line graph illustrates the percentage of demographic trends based on birth rate, the rate of population growth and death rate during 80 years from 1940 to 2020. It is apparent from the information that, although population rate had experienced increased but all trend decreased significantly

don't try mention all the data but try of the key point, or the most important in the data .
Lita27 16 / 21 2  
The line figure illustrates three kinds ...

you may see other introduction styles:

An illustration of demographic trends consisting of birth, population and death rate in Scotland since 1940, and its projection to the year of 2020 are presented in the given line graph.

Have a look at my grouping! I divided the chart by trend: birth and population growth rate for the first body paragraph and death rate for the second.

Overall, it can be seen that despite some fluctuations, all figures experienced a declined during the years, with an exception of death rate which was predicted to increase.

Despite minor errors and good sentences, I still confuse with your paragraph organization. You may consider this:

1940 to 2000 saw a positive correlation between birth and population growth rate, birth rate stood at 2.5% while the population growth proportion accounted for 1.0%. They fluctuated in the following 30 years prior to decreasing gradually to finish in 2005. Afterward, only the birth rate prediction was calculated. It will continue to move downward for 15 years later. The percentage of population growth remained just under that of birth rate over the years.

Looking at the figure for mortality rate, its percentage went down significantly by 1.0% from 1940 to 1960, followed by a steady decrease until 2010. This level will rise in the subsequent years as projected to 2020.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task1: The figure shows demographic trends in Scotland